THERE IS LIFE IN FADING AWAY

 


“A man doesn’t begin to attain wisdom

until he recognizes, that he is no longer indispensable.”

Richard E. Byrd


Has the thought – ‘I am indispensable’ – come in me?

Oh, yes, yes… Quite often, for quite long.

I am sure, I am not alone, or in a minority, in this.



‘I am indispensable’ is a self-destructive thought. It does come, and it is but natural.

But, today, I can only reflect on this phenomenon and say:

None of us, here, is indispensable. All that we have, here – from our physical body to the body of our work… with all our fame, name, wealth, power and glory - yes, everything comes to us only with a ‘shelf life’…

We fade…

Just the way everything else does around us!


So, how will I greet this thought, if - and when - it returns, today?





REFLECTION:

Whatever ‘I have’ now has come from God’s grace. Let me feel grateful when it is there, and graceful when it goes.

The wisdom, that it has come to me ‘just to stay for a while’ will keep me at peace…

Thus, beyond a shadow of doubt, ‘I AM dispensable’, Sir.




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s.: Pixabay

Video: Eredus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...