WHEN MOUNTAINS CALL EVERY DAY



“The apple tree never asks the beech how it shall grow,

nor the lion how he shall take his prey.”

William Blake

 

Chetna, my dear friend and an old student (some twenty-five years ago), has been living in America for several years. She is a passionate and relentless mountains hiker. She and dozens of her fellow-hikers hike a new mountain every day! And she, also, shares those colourful pictures and videos on FB and Insta everyday…

Just watching those pictures, often, makes my head go dizzy!

But then, mountains don’t stop calling Chetna and her fellow- hikers… My friend is not tired of the mountains!



(Chetna and her fellow-hikers on one of the mountains)

 

Today, Chetna had messaged me:

“I always feel, that I am notorious for over sharing my hiking stories.”

I responded:

“Chetna, I think, ‘over sharing’ and ‘under sharing’ are subjective terms. Like, in my case, I share my simple writings every day. Some may call it ‘over sharing’. But then, if writing and sharing my simple notes, every day, makes me feel good about myself (and many others along), then, I should continue writing and sharing them every day. Likewise, you, too, should continue to hike mountains and share your inspiring stories, every day."

Yes, others’ validation should not be the reason for sharing my notes or Chetna’s mountain stories…

Later in the day, while I was narrating this conversation to Ajith, another  dear friend who lives in Mumbai, he said this:

“Just like how the flowering tree doesn’t seek permission before it blooms in all glory, we don’t need to feel ashamed, embarrassed or reluctant to let our goodness shine everyday… That’s our Dharma.”


(Just a while after our conversation, Ajith posted a beautiful piece on his FB timeline. Please read on  www.facebook.ajith.nair)





REFLECTION:

Each one of us, here on this planet, is born with his/her own intrinsic nature – ‘dharma’… the goodness. The early we discover it, the longer we live a life of fulfilment and authenticity.


 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.’s: 1 & 3 Pixabay

           2 Mushtaque/facebook.com/chetna.shetty.12

Video: John Denver/Supreme Youngster

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...