THE MEETING

"I am in a meeting; can I get back to you later?"

"Oh! I am sorry; don't bother, I will get back to you."

"Thanks."

"I can understand how hectic it must be!"

"It is not just hectic; it is crazy."

"I can understand. It must be very stressful, isn't it?"

"I leave home at 7.00 in the morning, and never reach home before 11.00 in the night!"

"Oh God! So late?"

"Sometimes, 12.00, and sometimes even 1.00 or 2.00."

"That's too much."

"That's killing."

"And the next morning, you have to leave again at 7.00?"

"Obviously. Who understands?"

"How do you manage all this?"

"I have to; there is no way out."

"Don't worry; things will be better, soon."

"I don't know if they ever will be, and when."

"I am sure, they will be - and soon."

"Hope so."

"Don't worry; I just wanted to inform you that I would be leaving for Dubai, tonight."

"That's great. What time is the flight?"

"11.30 in the night."

"I will call you before that."

"Don't bother; you focus on your meetings."

"Good luck to you; let's catch up, soon."

"We should. Good luck to you, too."


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...