IT ISN'T THAT BAD

Yes, it isn't that bad.

Life isn't that bad ... I have come, this far.

All the life-situations which I dreaded about, over which I had spent sleepless nights, have come and gone ... without taking away my life, or spirit, or hope.

Life isn't that bad.

All those difficult people, who I thought made my life miserable, over whom I had spent such a colossal amount of energy, are all, today, going about their lives, here and there. But, certainly, they are off my back; certainly, they no longer hold the keys to my happiness.

Life isn't that bad.

All those demons of my soul - fear, insecurity, lack, jealousy, anger, violence, greed, lust, unfaithfulness, arrogance, indifference and, above all, ungratefulness ... yes, all these demons have never, ever succeeded to take over my soul. Not completely; not yet.

Life isn't that bad.

All those worries over money - How will I sail through this month? How will I protect my tomorrow? What if I can not work from tomorrow? Will my savings tank?
What if my reputation tanks? What if someone takes it all? - yes, all these worries have failed to make my heart their permanent home.

Life isn't that bad.

All those misunderstandings, conflicts, loud arguments, cold sulkings, and all those fears of losing, or not being able to 'fulfill' the other persons' needs ... yes, all those guilts have not made my soul bitter, not made me a cynic. Not fully; not yet.

Life isn't that bad.

Life is good. Great.

Just don't say, "Nothing to complain about". Say, "Something to celebrate about!"


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Gerry Dattu,
Happy new year to you. Last week I could not go through your write-ups due to my ill-health. Besides, we had a shifting of our house. Today, read all the new articles... some were indeed nostalgic! Brought back memories of the two unsung heroes, 'our dad & mom'!

Reflecting on your write-ups while keeping our parents at the foreground and contemplating on their sacrifice, their struggle... it dawns to my mind that there's still a ray of Hope in this distressing world.

After all, life isn't that bad; there's a lot to celebrate...

Regards,
Rony D'cunha
Anonymous said…
Very True. For everything in life that could be better, it could have also been worse. Overall, in the long run, life always balances out.
Anonymous said…
Sir, I have dropped you an email on gerald@dawnclub.org. Trust you still check this email address.
MACK said…
life isn't bad indeed!!..well, it includes a free trip around the sun every year, doesnt it?
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hey Shankar,

You have kept your word!

Please contribute posts from your end too. Encourage your friends, too, to visit our site/blog and comment.

Can you resend your mail to this address:

thedawnclub@rediffmail.com

Felt good talking to you and Shweta, yesterday. I am really hopeful, you all will help us to make our dream to come true.

Thanks and regards,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hi Rony,

A very happy new year to all of you. How is your health now? Is the new house close to your workplace?

I remembered dad, a lot, this time. Ken is growing up. There is a lot of 'heat' some time. So, it is not about his growth, after all ... it is about mine. I have a long way to go, as a father, as a husband, as a teacher, and, as a fellow human being in this world.

I consider, this blog is about my own spiritual growth.

Keep reading, keep commenting.

Thanks, and reagards,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hey Macklin.

What a revelation! That, in my 50 years of stay on this planet, I did not realise that I had this great privilage of making over 50 'free trips' around the beautiful sun!

I truly mean it.

Do send me good thoughts like that.

Thanks,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...