THE WINDOW TO LOVE








 

  “There are people who love you all the time…
May be they can’t love you the way you understand love…
But, they love you the way they know to love.”





I just received this ‘Good-morning’ message from my brother Vivek. And, with that, I received the instant spark to write this Post.


We keep getting messages like the one I have just received. Most of them just pass by as ships passing by the night…! We rarely pay attention to them… They go unnoticed.


I like the analogy of a sunrise and a sunset. Everyday the glorious Sun goes up and comes down. But, even though I am able to witness this stunning beauty right through my window, - every dawn and every dusk - do I do it? Instead, as my fellow-beings always do, I too travel all the way to Kanyakumari, to sit there on the Memorial Rock, and wait for the majestic Sun to show himself!


The Sun is always there… going up and coming down, every day… The sight is as glorious as ever… Then, why do my eyes fail to notice this stunning beauty? Why only today… when I earnestly yearn for it?


Yes, I am quite amused at my own nature: of seeking the glory of a sunrise and a sunset in a manner such as this!


All that I need to do it is this: wake up before the Sun wakes up… go near my window and wait for him with my yearning heart. And, behold! There I can see him with all his heavenly glory! Yes, right here, through my very own window!





Seeking love from those who we love, 


too, is like seeking the glorious sight 


of the rising or setting Sun!





 
 


Today, I literally stopped breathing for a moment and read the message a couple of times before I started typing this Post:




“There are people who love you all the time…
May be they can’t love you the way you understand love…
But, they love you the way they know to love.”




Hello, why do I need to travel all the way to Kanyakumari?


Yes, that’s how I have understood the sunrise and sunset to be…


Maybe, that’s how I have always understood Love to be…


Today,  when this window opened, I really felt like shouting:

“Hey, they love you the way they know to love!”




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: Gloria Pinto


Comments

Neeraj Shetty said…
Glorious Post! Very inspiring!!! Neeraj
Anonymous said…
Very apt examples and comparisons. Loved the post. Jimmi
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Neeraj. Love. GERRY
BEENA RAO said…
You have inspired me thru this post,thanks Gerry. Beena
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Beena. Love. GERRY
Deeps krishnan said…
A wonderful post to help us understand why there is such conflict in love. Keep it up Gerry.
Deepa Krishnan
Kumar said…
Hi Gerry!
Another power packed punch. Felt great after reading.

Kumar N
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Kumar... I am glad. Love.
Vikas Prajapati said…
wow sir very touching thought..

Thank you
Gerald D'Cunha said…
thanks Vikas. Love. sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...