THE LIMITS BRING BEAUTY





















“A hunter, who has only one arrow, does not shoot with careless aim.”



In life, the accountability comes only when we realize the limitations within which we are expected to operate. The Law of Abundance makes sense only when we respect the limitations set upon us… when we respect them.


A dear student did not respond to my last evening’s message… Just a while ago, she called me to say, “Sir, I am very sorry for not replying… There was no balance!” But, it doesn’t mean, she comes from a poor family… In fact, it is to the contrary!


Even if I possess with me a credit card with which I am able to have a good time now, I know the consequences of blowing the money that way. Once bitten, twice shy…! Many of us have learnt this precious truth the hard way…and, therefore, we think a hundred times before flashing cards crazily anywhere.


The car that I drive may run at 200 kmh, even 400. But, I know where I am driving… and, what happens if I drive with a speed like that…


Likewise, the food that goes into my stomach. When young, I could get away eating any junk, though, even then I had to be careful… But, now, when I know I am no more so young, it is plain commonsense… The limits are already set!


When my wardrobe overflows with clothes, I neither appreciate nor value the clothes I wear… The way I keep them back clearly indicates it! On the other hand, if I have only a couple of pairs, then, I know what I should wear… when, how and why… How I should keep them back… When they should go for wash…


Yes, limits bring with them the beauty of appreciation and value!


The schools have uniforms and the exams have time limits… The projects have budgets, deadline… and, penalty clauses…


Heart has limited capacity… so do the brain, veins, liver, kidney, pancreas and our teeth… You can’t expect them to carry more than they can handle…


Even the wealthiest father doesn’t like to spoil his children by pouring money on them recklessly… He knows how important it is for the young-ones to value and respect money.


Even the wealthiest nation and a mightiest company have to operate within the prescribed budgets…




It is not how much we earn that will 

make us wealthy and prosperous… 

It is how wisely we spend, 

how well we save and invest…



When you battle for life in a hospital, a bottle of blood means a hell lot… … So does very beat of your heart… and, every blood cell...


The more we recognize the limitations set upon us, the more we value and respect each of our privileges – time, money, health,  relationships, commitments, trust and freedom…


The more we value and respect these privileges, the more abundance will flow into our hearts…


More beauty…


More joy.


Yes, we will not shoot our arrows carelessly!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.Savita Laddha


Comments

Bharat Shah said…
A meaningful post. Loved it. Bharat
Lalit Nayak said…
I agree that constraints and limits help us to value our privileges. Good post.

Lalit
Anonymous said…
There is a lot of truth in what u are saying in this post.. Vinod
Ramesh Naik said…
Loved the post, very stimulating. Thanks. Ramesh
Ramesh Naik said…
Loved the post, very stimulating. Thanks. Ramesh

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...