THE WALK AND LAUGHTER



 

 

 

 

The people who take walks in the morning, the people who attend satsangs or daily morning mass in the church, the people who do yoga, laughter sessions or gym… These people are very proactive people. It takes a strong will to do that… and, do it every day, for a long, long time.


Making a small promise to yourself and keeping it is the best way of building up your self-esteem. When you make a promise to get up early every morning and take walks, do yoga, attend satsangs or Mass… or, do laughter sessions in the park or workouts in the gym, it really means, you are taking charge of your mind. And, when you follow up, keep your promise, you have to feel good about yourself. Your self-esteem soars up by a few notches every time you do that…


This morning, I was on my way to my class. I had to take a class at 8. Just outside my classes, I met a friend of mine, an advocate, who was coming back from his walking-laughing sessions. We stood there for about five minutes to talk; and, let me confess: I felt his positive energy immensely!


“I really admire your discipline,” I said to my friend, “You have been doing it for years, now.”


“Well, even you should do it,” he said, “but, what is important is your ‘outlook’… not, just your daily walks or workouts alone.”


I was a lot relieved to hear the word ‘outlook’. Before I could I ask him more about it, my friend was telling me this. “I make it a point to walk with only those who help me think positive. There are hundreds out there who walk and pollute the atmosphere.”


I smiled.


Not because, I was able to justify that I started my days on a positive note, everyday… but, because, he was reminding me to bring the beauty and essence of walk and laughter into everything we did, including our prayers.


It is a ‘walk’ of a different discipline…Very spiritual, in deed!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Manoj Nair




Comments

Binoy Jose said…
Fully agree with your view. What your friend said is so true.

...... Binoy
Kavita S. said…
The idea of bring the beauty of a walk into our work is amazing!!!! Kavita
Savita N Kumar said…
when you Positive within everything around you becomes positive

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...