OUR INTENTIONS REVEAL OUR SOUL





















Our actions stem from our intentions.


There are two kinds of intentions: good ones and bad ones.


Now, how are we supposed to know whether our intentions are good ones or bad ones?


I have a simple way to know that. If my intention is to deliberately cause harm, harass, malign or punish someone, then, my intention is bad. In the same way, if my intention is to please or help someone at the cost of my own well-being, that’s also a bad intention.


Thus, when my intention is not to deliberately cause harm, harass, malign or punish someone, then, my intention is good. And, in the same way, when my intention is not to please or help someone at the cost of my own well-being, that’s also good intention.


My own well-being, always, comes first. It is only when I care for myself enough that I am able to care enough for another human on this earth. Not, otherwise. 


Our actions are always visible. But, our intentions, which breed our actions, are always invisible. So, every time I try to sell myself before this world – leaving my best impression, appeasing or pleasing people, trying to reach out to them, influence them etc., the thought that prompts me from behind is: “Why am I doing it? What is my intention?”


Yes, our actions may – and, they do - speak louder than our words. But, as Hal Elrod said, “It is our intentions that reveal our soul.”



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Suman Dhing




Comments

Unknown said…
if all ways we think about own well -being then i think its selfishness
we should dedicate for others some time........
Veena Kapoor said…
I took some time to take in the message. Right, absolutely. Veena
Anonymous said…
profound insights, well-told.

- Kushal

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...