YOU ARE SPECIAL



















 


“God doesn’t mass produce His children…
There is no assembly line in His production house.”


When I first came across this line, I remember, I had felt immensely re-assured. I was a young boy, then… very anxious, scared to approach life… constantly comparing myself with others… constantly putting myself down… Constantly hammering myself with the self-judgment - “He is good, I am no good,” …“He is okay, I am not okay.”… I worried, with great pain, if there was a place for me in this world.

Yes, it was during these anxious days of mine, I came across the assurance, that God had created me as a unique person on this planet… That, no matter how many billions had come and gone, would come and go… each of us was born to be ‘special’… incredibly unique. I realized, with great surprise, that there was not a soul on this earth exactly like me… with my finger-prints and voice… with my one-of-kind look. 

So, if God had created me as a unique kid, I had to believe in my uniqueness. And, I, soon, did. It was with this belief - that I was born special and indented by God to live my life with all my uniqueness – that my anxiety began to drop… I could see my bright tomorrow. Confidence to approach my life with zest was directly linked to this breakthrough in my life.

For years, since my own breakthrough, I have been tirelessly spreading this Gospel – ‘You are Special’ - to the little-ones and young-ones. I alone know how powerful this Gospel is, how life-changing!

Today, was the first day of the program for little kids. So fresh those kids were… So lovely, so unpolluted. I was expected to help them speak well, and speak with great self-confidence. Hey, so small they were – around age 10 – and, they were so innocent. How would I preach them the Gospel of human faith: ‘You are Special’?

I smiled through the session… Everything I did and said centered around this Gospel, even though I did not tell them, even once, that they were ‘special’!




God not only has created us, 

He has also given us 

this Gospel of human faith…



Rightly, therefore, His children ask: 

“If God is for us, who can be against us?”


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Suman Dhing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...