THE LESS I RESIT AND STRUGGLE TO SOLVE MY PROBLEMS...













Pic.: Ruma Chatterjee


“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used
when we created them.”
I know, that, in life, all problems are not small.  I, also, know, that, all problems are not huge, either. And, above all, I know this: the more I struggle to solve my problems, the less they get solved, leaving me only drained. And, ironically, the less I throw resistance to them, trusting in the Higher Power to take care of them, the more I see them getting solved.

Is this being indifferent?

No...

Is this being lethargic?

Far from it...

Is this being naïve?

The other way around...

My own track record proves it. I have constantly put resistance and struggled desperately to come out of some of my problems in life... Big or small is just a matter of perspective. But, as I told, the more I have resisted and struggled, the more I have found caught up in the web of my problems...

When I look back at those times, I am convinced that trying to resist our problems and struggle, in desperation, is like banging our heads on some hard stone... It is not only naive and dumb, it is self-destructive, too.

So, approaching our problems with an attitude of trust and gratitude, with our least resistance, is being wise... It is being highly practical.

But, all said and done, when a problem comes and stands at my door, I do get shaken, do get panicked... I do go through the old mode of solving it... the resistance, struggle, panic and worry... Yes, I do pass through this channel for a while. But, because there is this new insight in my heart, I quickly change the track...

I let go... I surrender to the Higher Power... “You know what is best for me,” I pray, “You show me the way.”

Works?

Oh yes... It just did!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...