"YOU'RE THE NEAREST THING TO HEAVEN I HAVE SEEN"













Pic.: Tess Alexander/Bridget Babu

“To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.”

They were showing ‘Ashiqui – 2’ on TV last night. When my wife, accidentally surfed on it, almost three-fourth of the movie was over. Something attracted her attention, and she chose to watch whatever was left. And, soon, I joined her...

Well, both my wife and I hadn’t seen the movie earlier despite it receiving so many good reviews and awards, both for film and music.

So, if I say, here, that, ‘Ashiqui- 2’ was a ‘Love story’, you know what a review would my observation would receive!

But, if I say, here, that Love stories never end? That, they appeal to all ages? That, at heart, we all are ‘Ashiquies’ – lovers? That, each one of us has a love story, which can be made into a great movie? That, there is so much sweetness and sourness packed in everyone’s story? That, the feeling of being in love is the greatest feeling of all? That, as the song of ‘Carpenters’ sings,  your sweet-heart is the nearest thing to heaven you have seen?...

Yes, if I say, in this Post, any of these, will I be sounding like a fool or an idiot? Will my observations receive bad reviews?

Good or bad reviews, I must say what my heart wants to say, today...

The fact, that, both my wife and I chose to settle down on our chairs and watch the little part of ‘Ashiqui - 2’, last night, is a clear indication that love and romance is very much alive in our hearts, just as it is in any teenager’s heart... And, I believe, that, we two are not aliens of any sort on this earth...

Since the beginning of time, love has sustained the thirst ‘to live and long for’ in human heart... and, the same love will sustain it, there, till the end of time... The great spring will never dry out... The love songs and love stories, the love poems and love legends will never ever cease to inspire the human bosoms...

Probably, the lyrics of  ‘Carpenter’s’ famous song – ‘TOP OF THE WORLD’ – tells it better than I do...







And, here is a song from our own 'Ashiqui -2'. Doesn't it say, that LOVE is still the nearest thing to heaven one has seen?




 



GERALD D’CUNHA

Video courtesy: YouTube



Comments

Krishna Mehta said…
Loved it... Felt the love too!
- Krishna Mehta
Priti Nair said…
True, each one of us is an
Ashiqui'... and each one of has a love story worth telling. Priti Nair

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...