SOMEBODY TOOK CARE...AND SOMEBODY WILL








Pic.: Daniel Pinto


”The proud man counts his newspaper clippings,
the humble man his blessings.”



Twenty-five years ago, on this day, we – many of my innocent college-students and I – had founded THE DAWN CLUB. All those students, today, are twenty-five years older, wiser, stronger in their lives... They are settled well, all over the world...
And, I am 56...
Over these years, thousands of young-boys and girls have been touched by the work THE DAWN CLUB has been doing... the wonderful Workshops, the Public Speaking and Self-Growth sessions, the motivational books, magazines and writings. Scores of gifted teachers and trainers have helped me translate what I, as a young-man, had conceived in my mind – to guide, inspire and empower the young and earnest souls...
So, twenty-five years is a long time; isn't it?
The world calls it ‘the Silver Jubilee’; isn't it?
It calls for celebration; isn't it?
It has to be announced, publicized, written and talked about, praised about, glorified about... and, yes, ‘institutionalized’... as an enduring legacy; isn't it?
Many a times, I have wondered: “Why am I doing what I am doing? What are my compulsions? Where is this desire to keep teaching, writing, inspiring etc coming from?”
And, honestly, I have found no answers to these questions, yet...  Just as it is futile asking - Why do I breathe, drink, and think... So, I keep saying to myself, “If that is happening in my life, on its own, let it happen.”
In life, some questions are best left unanswered!
I am inspired more by the simple – a fakirlike – yet, passionate life of Jesus Christ than by the monarchical kingdom His followers have built, called ‘The Church’. Though it is amazing to belong to ‘the kingdom’, to me, it is ‘the King’ that inspires still, and more...
His simple life... His passionate life...
So has been the case of every institution in history.  “Great institutions are never built by bricks and mortar... They are built by ideals of simple and passionate souls.”
When I think about the future of our own institution - the ideal called ‘THE DAWN CLUB Centre of Excellence’ – I become more and more aware of this truth... That, bricks and mortar will not – and can not - make it a great institution... The ideals of simple and passionate souls, alone, will... can.
Thus, I leave it to the divine plan... I leave it to the divine guidance... I know it is all going to happen soon, in a beautiful way – not necessarily my way or our way – and, above all, it is going to happen in its own time...
I know, today – after twenty-five long years – all my amazing students, who were instrumental in creating THE DAWN CLUB, or those thousands of young-ones who were privileged to be the beneficiaries of its noble work, or all those selfless teachers and trainers who were blessed to give more than what they received in life – yes, I know that all these well-wishers have a silent pride and joy of being a part of this ideal...
I, also, know – and I fully believe – that the work of a quarter century is all there beneath the ground – just as the seed of that legendary Chinese Bamboo – continuously preparing itself, getting stronger, wiser, and better as each day rolls by... yes, I know - it is just a matter of time for the seed to sprout, and shoot up into the skies, gloriously...
There is no hurry...
There is enough patience...
There is enough faith...
And, above all, there is no need – in any of us – to prove anything to anyone...
Enough it is, if we count our blessings... and, we should...
For, twenty-five years is a long time... a blessing, in deed...
Somebody took care... and Somebody will...
So, today, let me go down on my knees and say - “Thank-you... Thank-you Lord, thank-you all. You took care of twenty-five... I trust, you will take care of the next two hundred, or two thousand.”
With loads of gratitude, joy, warmth and hope...

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Lata Rao said…
Yes somebody will take care. God bless.... Lata Rao
Kushi Patel said…
Great journey sir... May it live long, blessed.
- Kushi Patel
Anuraag Gupta said…
All the best sir.. Really good things are about to happen!
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank you dear Anuraag. Means a lot and need them now, really. Love.
Dr Dee said…
Dear Sir,

Yes I agree 150% that somebody is there to take care. I have seen the miracle happen over and over again in these last 25 years. It is very humbling to know that we are now 25 years young ...It gives us the vigor, vitality and confidence to take the leap of faith.

Kind regards
Dr Dee

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...