WHEN I SHOUTED 'JAI HIND' WITH THE CROWD, LAST NIGHT





Pic.: Chetna Shetty


Like millions all over the globe, my wife and I, too, watched the live relay of P.M. Modi’s speech at Madison Square, last night.

What I was more interested in was this: How was my own mind filtering in what it was watching and hearing!

When my mind saw Mr. Modi as a BJP or RSS leader, it heard him differently... When the Gujarat riots and Godra images started coming before me, I saw him differently... On the other hand, when I dropped those thoughts, when I chose to see the fact that Mr. Modi had risen above all the petty politics and kept unfolding before us, with all his honesty, ‘the grand plan’ to make our nation great, vibrant and proud... when I felt he igniting in each one of us that self-belief – that, you and I need not be in politics, need not be some leaders, but we all can make difference in our own respective fields, by doing our respective works with the best of the best dedication and passion...

When, I chose to take in ‘hope’ and ‘self-belief’ from Mr. Modi’s sincere address, I really did not care as to which party and cadre he came from; I really did not care for what had happened in the past in the form of riots or whatever... I was only interested in hope, self-belief... I wanted to be the part of the grand plan he was unveiling before the world... I wanted to be a contributor and not a blamer... I wanted to do it from the sphere of my own operation, from what I was blessed to do best in life... Yes, I wanted to lend my hand to him... wanted to scream aloud with the crowd – ‘Jai Hind’...’Jai Hind’... ‘Jai Hind’.

I felt, immensely moved when he teased as he ended, “My friends, I have kept the fast, not you... Shout loudly... and I did with the crowd:

‘JAI HIND’... ‘JAI HIND’... ‘JAI HIND’!

For four days, the man had been only on water, travelling frantically in a foreign land... and, as he put it colorfully, he was there on a ‘mission’ and not on a ‘vacation’!

I, really, felt inspired...

It is the leadership that holds a nation together... It is hope and self-belief that each and every heart yearns to hang on to... It is the grand plan that we all want to be a part of; it is the great, inspiring saga that we all want to play a role in...

Nobody believes in sad and horror stories for long... What purpose do they serve?

Nobody buys lies after a certain point of time... What purpose do they serve?

I was a school-boy when JFK was the American President. We had a lesson about him in our school textbook... I remember feeling excited about JFK even from my remote village, not knowing which party he belonged to, even which country he headed... All that I cared for was he was a dreamer, someone who made the entire world dream... And, I remember that very, very well...

That, dreams are good; that dreams inspire us to live life with passion, hope and self-belief!

So, last night, it was, probably, the American school-boys, who must have been getting to see, hear and read about the Indian dreamer – P.M. Mr. Narendra Modi...

Hope, passion and self-belief know no boundaries of nations...

Power of dreams helps mankind to keep its head high and walk...

“What a man!” that’s how my wife concluded last night...

And, that’s how I did, too!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Anonymous said…
True, it is hope and self-belief that inspires a whole nation. .. Rahul

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...