WHEN YOU EAT, EAT... WHEN YOU SLEEP, SLEEP





Pic.: Chetna Shetty

Slowing down is the solution for many, many of my problems... I know it; but, I keep ignoring it... And, then, some crisis happens... and, the truth stares at me again... Just as it does, right now:


When I eat... If I can shut off everything else and only focus on my eating... see the food which is there before me... its color, feel its aroma... eat slowly, chew well in my mouth... experience its taste fully, enjoy it as it gently passes down through my throat and stomach...

With less quantity of food, I can have a satisfying, healthy and kingly meal!

When I taken bath... If I can shut off everything else and only focus on my bathing... see the water falling off the shower or the tap... feel its coolness or warmth as it touches my body... experience the cleansing process... the shampoo and soap experience, the steam that comes from the bucket or the tub... the fragrance, the smoothness of my towel...

The bathing experience can be, in deed, a meditative experience!

When I work... If I can shut off everything else and only focus on my work... react less, panic less, worry less... trust more,  smile more, hope more, understand and empathize more... be patient and tolerant...Enjoy the work I am doing, bless the work, bless the boss, bless the colleagues... feel the gratitude, feel the prosperity and peace...

The work done with poise can be leisure of top order!

When I exercise – whether in the gym or at the playground or in the yoga or aerobic class, or just as I take my walks... If I can shut off everything else and only focus on the exercise I am doing... feel the breath... feel the stretch... experience every pore of my muscle... feel the heartbeat, feel the rhythm... feel the health and the healing process...

The exercise done with attention, care and respect to my body can be just like praying in a quiet temple!
And, when I pray... If I can shut off everything else and only focus on my prayer... Just trust, just be thankful, hopeful and peaceful... just surrender, let go... feel the presence of God in my soul... feel His touch, his grace... the protection...
The prayer done with total surrender can be its answer, too!
When I read, if I can only read... When I write, if I can only write... When I ‘watch’, if I can only watch... When I love and appreciate, if I can only do that...
Yes, if I can only do that... do it slowly and enjoy the experience... Yes, as the wise words advice: “When you eat, eat; when you sleep, sleep”...
How peaceful it all can be!
I know it; but, I keep ignoring it...
GERALD D’CUNA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...