THE DOMINO EFFECT OF LOVE






Pic.: Vimal Tulsiani

Some days ago, a young-boy, who regularly reads my Posts, asked me this question; “Sir, why do you end your comments and replies, always, with that ‘four-letter word – ‘LOVE!

“O my God,” I screamed in my mind, “No one has made me aware of it, all these years!”

“Why, don’t you like it, dear? I asked the 19-year-old, “I have been using it ever since I was your age!”

“Sir, I like it,” the young-man said, “it really makes me feel special!”

“Well, what you are saying now, does the same thing to me,” I said running my hand gently over his shoulders, “Probably, we all have this deep need in us to be loved by others… to feel special in their eyes.”

Yes, ‘LOVE’ is just a word of four letters.

I must’ve felt so good, so special, when I first received it from someone – when I needed it the most as a young boy – that, this very fact must be the definite reason as to why I have made a conscious decision to make it a part of my daily vocabulary… Without reason, I don’t think, we allow any word or idea to dominate our consciousness…

The boy is a college kid and  has a choice to make, like all his friends… Plenty of four-letter words, plenty… ‘Hate’ is one of them, the opposite of ‘Love’. Imagine, you make this word a part of your daily lingo… End all your comments and replies with it!

Let’s leave the ugly four-letter-words alone… I don’t have to tell you the effect they have on the atmosphere when you hear them so regularly, so casually!

It seems, if you light a small fire, with a love-filled heart – with clean intentions - at every sunrise and every sunset, it has the power to clean-up the atmosphere… usher in love, peace and clean thoughts… It is an ancient science known as ‘Agnihotra’…

Well, I haven’t practiced it, yet…

But, then, for close to four decades, I have been practicing the science of starting or ending my day – my daily language and outlook – by lighting a small fire called – LOVE. I know it has ‘the domino effect’… and, it does light-up our atmosphere…

They, also, call it – ‘the ripple effect’…

They, also, call it – ‘the knock-out effect’!


GERALD D’CUNHA
  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Simple idea! LOVE!!!!
-- Nirav Rahej
Anand Kulkarni said…
Nice article!!

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...