ALL WERE TAKEN CARE OF BEFORE ME... ALL WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF AFTER ME













Pic.: Rajiv Sharma



”Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what’s happening here, and the decisions we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.”
-       JIM CARREY in his address to the graduating class of 2014
at Maharishi University of Management.
At every juncture, life offers us only two choices: keep moving with faith or doubt… Look forward with trust or anxiety… Embrace with love or fear… and, yes, look back with pride or regret…

Time and time again, like everyone else does, I, too, grapple with these choices which life throws before me, at each of my life-junctures… Yes, should I keep moving with fear or doubt? Should I look forward with trust or anxiety? Should I embrace with love or fear? Should I look back with pride or regret?

And, no matter how optimistic I am about life and my future… No matter how well I know, that beyond a certain point, it is futile to worry about anything… No matter how much I try to be careful, cautious, calculative and secure… there is one lesson which I need to keep revising over and over again. That lesson is: the force that takes care of me, eventually, is the Universe – the divine force… Which knows 'what' is best for me… 'when' it should be given unto me…'how' it is to be given unto me… and 'how much'!

So, beyond a certain point, all that I should learn to do is: let go of my concerns about life and my future…

All were taken care of before me… and all will be taken care of after me!

Thus, whenever I realize, that I am trying to hit myself against ‘that hard wall’ called – my concern for future - I just loosen up… let go and say:

“Thy will be done!”

Will ‘Thy’ be, really done?

I have a choice here before I answer: ‘Yes’ or ‘No’!








GERALD D’CUNHA
Video: YouTube

Comments

Vasudev Pujari said…
Inspiring post and inspiring speech, too.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...