THE GLOOMY AND SCARY MONEY-STORIES WE BELIEVE IN






Pic.: Nirmala Sundar


There are a hundred gloomy-and-scary stories about money, buried deep inside our mind – the sub-conscious mind. These stories have come from a hundred different sources… Yes, once we had believed in them… But, do we still? Here are some of these stories… Say beliefs, if you wish:


Money is the root of all evils…

You can’t make money in honest ways…

Rich are crooks…

Money spoils relationship…

You don’t need money to be happy…

Only some can make money…

Making money is against our religion…

Rich exploit poor…

There is only so much we can earn…

Money is not meant to be spent…

Money doesn’t grow on trees…

Only hard work brings money…

Don’t befriend wealthy…

I do not have what it takes to be rich…

I was born in a hand-to-mouth family… So, who am I to dream big?

What if I lose my money… become bankrupt?

What if people cheat me… trap me?

What if I die leaving behind huge debt?

Look at so-and-so’s life… Look what happened to him?



Sounds familiar? No, not until you have desired to be wealthy and prosperous. Because, the moment you desire to create wealth, make money, a hundred past stories - which all along left buried deep down in you sub-conscious mind – wake up and start haunting you… ‘What if?’… ‘What if?’… ‘What if?’

So, that is our familiar story… The moment our conscious mind says, “I want to create wealth”, there are a hundred gloomy and scary reasons why we shouldn’t and wouldn’t and couldn’t!

That’s, also, the familiar war that ceaselessly goes on between the ‘two foxes’ who live inside us. Yes, one fox says, that money is good… and we should invite it into our lives. The other fox says, that money is evil… and we should stay away from it. And, undoubtedly, the fox that wins the war is the fox we feed the most!

Well, I became, once again, aware of this truth, last night… The two foxes were waging their fierce battle in my heart… and, I could feel the power and consequences of the ‘conscious choice’ I was doing to feed them…

Wealth or health… It only comes when we invite them, make way for them… and honor them. Rejoice in them. Yes, with loads of gratitude.


GERALD D’CUNHA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...