THE MEANING AND THE MESSAGE
















Pic: Aruna Anand



“Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today.”

-       Mark Twain


I agree with Mark Twain. Anything can happen today. Something that I want to happen… and something that I don’t want to happen… Yes, anything can happen, today.

What Mark Twain did not tell is: Nothing, in life, happens without a reason.

Or, did he say that when he said, “Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today.”?


“Meaning is different from message,” Kannan told me in our Tai Chi class, today. A few things were weighing me down while I was talking to him. I wished a couple of things hadn’t happened in my life. “How peaceful would have been my life had these things not happened!” I was trying to reason out, almost frustrated.

So, I asked Kannan to explain…

“I will explain,” Kannan said, “and you may get the meaning… but miss the message.”

I looked at Kannan even more confused…

“Friend, if you get the meaning, you are a scholar,” Kannan nailed it, “If you get the message, you are a master.”

Well, I got the message, right away!

 The meaning came from mind, the intellect… the message came from Universe… the ‘Higher Intelligence’…

And, no matter, how mystical or superstitious it may sound… and no matter how much I dislike a certain situation in my life… everything in my life – every event and every situation - happens with a reason…

Mind is incapable of comprehending this message. Scholarly reasoning cannot bring forth acceptance and silence in my heart… Meaning alone is not enough…

Acceptance and silence in my heart come from a deeper source… They come when mind is still and I travel beyond. Jane Green said:


“Nothing in this world happens without a reason.

That we are all exactly where we are supposed to be,

and that the pieces of the puzzle have a tendency to come together

when you least expect it.”



When mind is still, I expect least… Yes, pieces of the puzzle fall in place. I become a master!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...