OUR DAILY LEAP OF FAITH









Do we all have to wait till we become confident to express ourselves? Or, do we become confident as we keep expressing ourselves?
By the way, by ‘expressing’ I mean express ourselves not just by speech but also through every medium of our expression… writing, acting, drawing, painting, singing, dancing, playing, preaching, teaching, healing, inspiring, peace-making, organizing, cooking, serving, hosting inventing, researching, flying, even meditating… Yes, to me, living an authentic life is all about our ability and comfort to express ourselves fully, freely and fearlessly…

There is music inside all of us… It should not go unplayed… There is a song inside all of us… It should not go unsung…

It should start early in life… That, we should recognize what our music is and what our song is…  

I have always believed that we all have not only the right but also the duty to play our music and sing our song. It is this belief, that makes me write everyday about every little thing which touches me. I do not wait for anyone’s permission or validation before I write… I just write… I write freely, fearlessly and fully… Not holding anything back out of fear of being judged, analyzed, criticized or ridiculed… And, importantly, I do not wait for me to become ‘confident’ or ‘perfect’ before I express myself. Interestingly, when I take this daily leap of faith, I invariably feel confident, happy and fulfilled…






My 13-year-old nephew, Rohit, who lives in America, has always loved drawing and sketching. Yesterday, he had shared a couple of his simple sketches on our family WhatsApp group. .. and, I did not hold back what I wanted to tell my nephew: “Rohit, I am very happy! Express more and more and more... And do it freely and fearlessly. Best wishes.”

Is there anything else to it… I mean any other way?







GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Rohit D'Souza

Videos: YouTube


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...