SOME PEOPLE LIVE A LIFETIME IN A MINUTE





“The sculpture is already complete within the marble block,
before I start my work… It’s already there,
I just have to chisel away the superfluous material.”

Michelangelo


One of the amazing mysteries of life is the beauty of what we create. It’s said, “Everything that we create in life, we create twice: once, inside the mind, and once, outside.” This means, that everything is already there in the thin air… everything – beautiful buildings and beautiful books… movies, poems, songs, music, software, machines, automobiles, clothes, commercials, every product and every service on this earth. Yes, it’s all there… just like the simplest solution to the toughest mathematical-problem… Just like a continent, even God!

Everything is there already concealed; we just need to ‘uncover’… The beauty of this uncovering is called ‘Creation’!

Well, if a mystic is to read what I have just said, he may simply laugh at my ignorance. I hear him shout, “My friend, in life, you create nothing. Nature (God) has created everything; you only duplicate!”

So, if that is so, so be it!

This Blog is not about how to create or duplicate things in life. I am just an ordinary soul, your next-door guy, who teaches, trains and writes to earn his living and feel happy. The more I think about my own profession or passion, the more I see in me a poet, a movie-maker, a scientist, an inventor, a physician, an architect, a singer, an actor, an event-manager, a composer, an athlete, a ballet dancer, a programmer, a photographer, a DJ, a VJ, a Master of Ceremony, a chef, a revolutionary, a sage, a mystic… yes, everyone out there lives in me. I see the alikeness in all of us… We all are the Michelangelo’s and the Mozart’s; we all are the Shakespeare’s and the Columbus’s… The process is the same… the same alchemy, Sir!

Let me share with you a glimpse into the work of just about six individuals. I think, it’s more than sufficient to convince ourselves, that we all are alike in what we pursue in life. Here are my random six…


AMITABH BACHCHAN: All his life, this legend has remained faithful to his craft: acting. In his mid-seventies, even after half-a century of acting, he just doesn’t cease to create magic on the celluloid. Simply sit back and enjoy this scene from ‘Hum’ (1991) …






ANDRE RIEU: Again, all his life, this gifted showman has done only one thing: staging mind-blowing spectacles. I can soak myself for endless hours, imagining myself in his audience. Here is an ordinary hymn, made extra-ordinary by the touch of this genius. Get ready to be entranced…








LEONARD COHEN: ‘Hallelujah’, ‘Dance  Me to the End of Love’, ‘Anthem’… Just put your headphones or earphones and listen to these three songs of this master song-writer, poet and singer. Though ‘Hallelujah’ is his most iconic piece, here in this blog, I wish to share ‘Dance Me to the End of Love’. And, I am showing you an adaptation, on purpose. Just embrace…








SCENT OF A WOMANThis was a remarkable movie of 1992, with an outstanding story, backed by powerful acting of Al Pacino. The dance which you saw above, against Leonard Cohen’s  song (‘Dance Me to the End of Love’), as I said, was an adapted version. The actual music and Tango dance in the movie, I am sharing here. There is this line from Al Pacino in this scene, which I have chosen as the title of this blog: “Some people live a lifetime in a minute!”  Behold! …







AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: Well, America, here, is only symbolic… Talent is universal, with no boundaries of any kind – geographical, cultural, racial, class/age -related... A talent is a talent. I am very fond of some of these mega talent-shows. They give me goosebumps and inspire me to dream more, and dream bigger. Be ready to be spellbound by this 10-year-old…






NICK VUJICIC: Most of us have heard this 'Live-wire' speak through his motivational videos. Yet, I doubt, if we have paused to reflect on the kind of life, this one-of-a-kind icon has carved for himself. I show his videos regularly in our ‘Personality-development’ sessions…  And, I wonder if our young ones have gone home with his signature message: “It’s not life without limbs; it’s life without limits!”

This video is a fairly a longer one. But, it’s worth watching at the end. May it haunt you for the rest of your life…







CONCLUSION: Robert Davies, the distinguished Canadian journalist, poet, novelist, playwright, actor, professor and publisher, once said: “A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and, once more, in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.”

Does it ring a bell? Or, does my message appear misplaced?

My best wishes and love, always.



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: www.youtube.com

Videos:1. Administrator5335  2. Andre Rieu   3. Gyba Elvisverde
           4.  Charles Azeltine   6. America's Got Talent  6. Life Without Limbs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...