THE STORY OF TWO SONS





“A hundred times every day I remind myself, that my inner and outer life depend on labours of other men, living or dead, and I must exert myself in giving in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.”

Albert Einstein

The ugliness that we see outside is real – it’s very much there… The brutality, power struggle and extreme hatred. But, on the other hand, the beauty that we see outside is, also, real – it’s very much there, too... The compassion, brotherhood and love.  The world has been like this ever since the days of Adam and Eve…

There were Angels and there were Demons… There was Kane and there was Abel.
But, what about the world inside - my own heart? Are not the ugliness and the beauty real here, too? Are they not very much there?

The more I reflect on these questions, the more convinced I become, that the beauty and the ugliness I see outside are nothing but the reflection of the beauty and the ugliness dwelling in my own heart. So, when I see the world falling apart outside, it’s the clear indication to me, that it’s time to put the world inside together…

Heal the heart… the world will be healed!





Many years ago, our family was on a visit to Agra. Yes, the desire was to behold the beauty of the Taj Mahal. But, the tour to this ‘Wonder of the World’ was incomplete without a visit to the Red Fort at Agra. Yes, the story of Shah Jahan’s great love for his beloved Mumtaz was incomplete without this dark character called ‘Aurangzeb’, Shah Jahan’s own son! When the tour guide narrated to us the tragic ending to the love story of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz, pointing to the Taj Mahal from the window of the Agra Fort, my heart stopped for a while! There was no need for an invader from another kingdom… The invader was within the house… The son had imprisoned his own father inside that room at Agra Fort and made him spend his last eight years, staring at the beauty of the Taj Mahal that lay some two miles away, from the window!

To me, that’s very, very symbolic about life!

The Mughal empire lasted for just over three-hundred years, the British empire for not even two-hundred… The Egyptian, The Greece, The Roman… name any. Yes, they all fell, one day!

Yes Sir, the outside empires fall, the inside empires fall…  But, Life continues with all its beauty and ugliness.

Thus, it really doesn’t matter whose empire it is, right now… The empires fall… The beauty and the ugliness, meanwhile, will prevail… both, outside and inside.


Today, in the midst of so many gloomy stories outside, I, also, came across this beautiful one:






Indeed, this is one more proof, that the beauty and the ugliness I see outside are the reflection of the beauty and ugliness inside me!






GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: 1. youtube.com  2. www.archtectruraldigest.com

Videos: 1.WMCHealth  2. Dare to Do Motivation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...