AM I POSITIVE, ALWAYS?



















“When you are scared, you stay as you are.”

Stephen Richards


The other day, while talking on the phone, a woman asked me this question: “How do you keep yourself positive, always?”

“Who told you that?” I replied, “If alone you knew how negative I feel right now!” Then, I added three emojis – a gentle smile, a crazy laugh and a warm heart!

I sincerely wanted to tell the woman this: “My friend, I am just like you… I experience every emotion under the Sun and the Stars… Sometimes, I feel like an eagle, and, sometimes, I also feel like a frightened dove. I do think, sometimes, that I have all the answers in Life, and, I sometimes, I also think, that I am clueless about everything!”

The woman on the other end wasn’t convinced at all. She seems to have convinced herself, that there are some people in this world who ‘always’ keep themselves positive. So, she said, “Your Posts give me a feeling, that you are a real positive person.”

“Oh yes, I am a ‘real person’, who experiences all the ‘real feelings’ in this world. My moods change as swiftly as the colours of an evening sky. But, then, doesn’t it make my life as stunning as the evening sky?”

“It does, at least here in your philosophical words,” the woman accepted, “But, I still wish I could say ‘No’ to all my negative thoughts.”

I smiled and said, “It’s just like wishing the sky to wear only what you want it to. But, neither the sky would listen to you, nor you would try. Then, why should your moods listen to you, and why should you try?”

“So, what should I do?” the woman wanted a ready solution.

“Had I said, at the very start of our conversation, that I was passing through very low feelings?”

“Yes, you had,” the woman agreed.

“Do you know how I feel now, at this point?” I asked.

There was a pause at the other end. So, I decided to conclude, “My friend, it’s okay to feel negative sometimes through your day. The more you resist this truth, the more helpless you feel… The day becomes a night and the night becomes a day… A thousand shades through this passage is what Life is all about.”








Am I positive ‘now’? Yes, I am.

Am I positive ‘always’? No, I am not!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Joshua Earle

Video: Eric Clapton/Warner Records

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...