BE STRONG, CAPTAIN

 



“Lean on me when you are not strong,

And I will be your friend.”

From the song ‘Lean on Me’ by Bill Withers

 

One of the phrases which I, often, use to console a near and dear one on the loss of someone in his/her family is - “Be strong”. It comes to me without any pretense or dishonesty… I know the person whom I am trying to console with this phrase – ‘Be Strong’ – is cracking and weak, at the moment… I know it’s not easy for him/her to be strong, at the moment… I know he/she is not in a position to see light at the end of the tunnel, at the moment. But, I, also, know this: The strength inside the bosoms is what remains when one has grieved enough, and been healed enough.

That’s why, I believe, that we need each other to lean on… I need you as my friend, and you need me as your friend. And for this, we need to ‘open up’… Show our true emotions…

There is strength in our honest emotions… There is healing and freedom.

Joe Biden, as on today, is still a ‘President-elect’ of America. He joined as the youngest member of the US Senate when he was 30. And tomorrow, he is going to be the oldest President of the country at 78. During this long tenure, he has seen so much of American and the world politics, including eight years as the Vice President, that, it seems he is a strong man to cruise his nation safely and wisely to the shores. What I like the most about this gentleman is his visible honesty: He shows his raw emotions, his honest tears… from the highest platforms. In the process, he comes about as a ‘Fine Man’… who understands, cares and keeps his feet on the ground…





America needs a strong leader to lead her across the prevalent turbulent-times. The strong leader, as I said, is the one who has grieved enough, been healed enough…





There is a tomorrow, even though none of us has seen one. We all only believe, that there is a tomorrow… We only hope. Every time I listen to 78-year-old Joe Biden, my faith in the tomorrow becomes even stronger… Sorrow dissolves… Anger dies.

“Lean on me when you are not strong; and I will be your friend.” Yes, I am able to feel the strength of these lyrics from Bill Wither’s song…




May God strengthen Joe Biden’s elderly shoulders and bless his tears… and, yes, heal the wounded hearts…

Hope, the prayer will be heard.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s: 1. Wallpaper Cave 2. Source Unknown/Internet

Videos: 1 & 2 CNN  3. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...