IT'S OK, IT'S OK IF YOU'RE LOST

 



It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok

If you’re lost

We are all a little lost and it’s alright

It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, It’s ok

If you’re lost

We are all a little lost, and it’s alright

(From the original song ‘It’s ok’ by  Nightbirde)

 

‘Grace’, ‘Gratitude’, ‘Acceptance’, ‘Peace’… we use these words so regularly; but, I would say, so loosely, too. These words assume a spiritual dimension only when we express them from the depth of our existence… When we meet ‘Life’, and fear no death.

Life of Jane Kristen Marczewski, who wrote songs and sang them under her professional name ‘Nightbirde’, testified to what I have just said in the preceding para.

On February 19,2022, at the age of 31, Jane lost her battle with breast cancer. From the time she was first diagnosed with cancer in 2017, Jane was declared ‘Cancer-free’ twice. But, the disease returned to haunt her, again and again. During this painful period, Jane had to undergo enormous amount of, both, physical and personal pain… Her marriage ended; she ran out of both money and hope; death and fear constantly stared at her… She moved from Nashville to California hoping, that when she moved to another city, she could leave behind her sorrow, fear and pain. She opens her song, ‘It’s ok, it’s ok…’ with these lines:

I moved to California in the summer time

I changed my name thinking that it would change my mind

I thought that all my problems they would stay behind

I was a stick of dynamite and it was just a matter of time, yeah





Last night, while watching Jane’s performance at America’s Got Talent, I almost went out of breath! Well, I was one among the millions who ran out of breath, including the judges of the show… What an exuberant outlook towards one’s hopeless situation in life. Just pause to comprehend these:

“It’s important that everyone knows, that I am so much more than the bad things that happen to me… You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy.”

And, this: “I have a two percent chance of survival; but, two percent is not zero percent. Two percent is something, and I wish people knew how amazing it is.”

It’s not easy to be say ‘It’s alright… It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok’, when everything in your life is not ok. As I said at the outset, we use the words ‘Grace’, Gratitude’, ‘Acceptance’, ‘Peace’ etc., so regularly; but, we use them so loosely, too. Yes, it takes a real encounter with Life to grasp their spiritual significance…





And, yes, as Jane says, we can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore… before we decide to be happy.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixabay

 

Video:  1. America’s Got Talent 2. Talent Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...