DOGS DON'T DESERT YOU

 




“The only creatures that are evolved enough

to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”

Johnny Depp

 

There is a special breed of human beings – the  breed that loves to  adopt pets at home - dogs, cats, birds, turtles, fishes and a dozen other creatures.

Back in our village in Mangalore, where I grew up, it’s normal – rather, mandatory – to have at home dogs, cats, chicken, cows, buffalos. While Muslim households mostly had none of these, Christian households had even pigs. Here I am talking about a typical village household. In cities, obviously, many houses took pride in keeping pets – dogs and cats of fine breed.

I have lived in Mumbai for nearly 42 years now. But, I have never tried a pet – be it a dog, cat, bird, fishes, turtle whatsoever. My youngest brother, Vivek, who lives in Navi Mumbai, has been long living, surrounded at home by a giant dog, a doting cat and a shy turtle. In fact, his family just cannot think of a life without these ‘special’ members in the family.

My affection to pets is, mostly, limited to watching their videos… There are hundreds of YouTube videos about dogs, cats, birds, fishes and other pets. And, there are thousands of videos about little babies – yes, ‘pets’. Watching these videos is a great stress-buster. As they say, it can be absolutely therapeutic. I watch them when I am irritated and angry… when I am anxious and confused… when I am too serious, too tensed about situations in my life. Yes, they calm me down, they make me feel happy and hopeful… a lot lighter.

If this is the benefit I am able to reap just by watching videos of ‘pets’, imagine life - living with them, day in and day out!

Bliss!

 

Last weekend, my wife and I watched the latest film – ‘777 Charlie'. The film has been dubbed into many languages from its original Kannada version. We both loved the film immensely; and we highly recommend it to you. A simple story, beautifully told. Amazing cinematography and music and, above all, that adorable ‘Charlie’, the dog!

Do watch it in a cinema hall, to fully experience the amazing visuals and music.






“Thorns may hurt you, men may desert you, sunlight may turn to fog,” said Douglas Mallock, “but you’re never friendless, ever, if you have a dog.”

 

GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: WallpaperCave


Video: Paramvah Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...