NATURE BRINGS PLENTY OF PLEASANT SURPRISES

 


“Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,

but from wanting to control it.”

Kahlil Gibran

 

Why do we call some things in our lives – ‘a pleasant surprise’?

For these two obvious reasons: 1. It’s pleasant 2. It comes as a surprise.

No matter how frantically you and I try to control our future, we simply cannot. We can only think about our future… plan for it, work for it and, even, pray for it. But, beyond that, we cannot do anything.

Like many around me, I, too, have spent too many sleepless nights worrying over my future. But, what has happened in my life, yes, a large part of it had not been thought over or planned about. It has come as a pure surprise. Yes, mostly pleasant… Some, unpleasant.

When I see this reality, I learn to let go of my need to control the outcome of my efforts. I learn to do my work with all my heart, with total focus and dedication. That done, I learn to simply trust the kind Universe to do the rest.

Money, health, job, business, children’s education, their marriage, parents’ sickness – every kind of concern calls for our attention. From experience, I have learnt, that despite our best attention, these issues get resolved beautifully through Nature’s way. There is that beautiful Nature’s way – it gets unfolded as we keep doing our work with all our hearts and trusting the benevolent Universe.

Excessive concern about future simply ruins our present. Thinking and planning for future keeps us alert and grounded. But, when we are desperate to control the outcome of our work, it robs our peace of mind…

The wise poet reminds us, that nobody has seen the tomorrow’s Sun. Still, everybody trusts and knows, that the Sun will rise tomorrow, early in the morning.

I think, to calm down our anxiety, all that we need is such an innocent trust and knowledge. We can only plan and work for a good harvest. Once done, we can only wait with trust… We can lonely pray…

Nature brings plenty of pleasant surprises for each one us… The less we try to control the outcome of our efforts – the future – the better we all are able to behold these surprises…




Doesn’t the future, for all of us, come one day at a time?

I think, it comes ‘one moment’ at a time!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixabay

 

Video: Yanni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...