STEP INTO THE FULLNESS OF LIFE




   

“It’s only by owing who and what you are

can you step into the fulness of life.”

Oprah Winfrey    


As a child born and brought up in a Christian (Catholic) household, observing the solemnity of Lent – particularly that of the Holy Week – was an integral part of my faith. The services on the evenings on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter eve were, are and will be ‘Holy’ in true sense, to me.

However, there has been one lantern phrase, that causes goosebumps all over my body and makes my heart, literally, stop. It’s is: ‘The Passion of the Christ’!

Well, as a small boy – and even as a young man for many years – I never really paused to comprehend what that phrase really meant. It’s much later in my life, that I began to grasp what a powerful phrase that has been!

The ‘Passion’ in life is the ‘fullness’ of life. Therefore, in those last traumatic hours of His life, Christ lived His human experience ‘fully’…  He became one like you and me… He lived every possible human experience – fear, doubt, humiliation, pain, shame, humility, devotion, courage, resolve and acceptance. The life of Christ would not have been a ‘complete testament’ but for those passionate moments, that He lived.

Why am I talking about it today when it is not a solemn period of Lent?

Because, as Eckhart Tolle says, “Fullness of Life is only accessible in the present moment.”

Anybody who lives Life fully now – he lives a passionate life. Yes, fullness of life is accessible only in this moment – ‘NOW’!

I have been a huge fan of Yanni and his music. It’s beautiful, inspiring and uplifting. Of the many amazing performances he has staged all over the world, the one I get most overwhelmed with is ‘Love is All’. Aptly, it was performed at his show in the backdrop of ‘Taj Mahal’, Agra. Watch how mesmerizing Vann Johnson pours her all while singing this song… watch every piece of instrument… watch the voices behind… the conductor… and, above all, behold the breathtaking genius of Yanni… To me, that one moment of giving it all what ‘Passion’ is all about…





It was raining in my heart, falling deep inside of me
Drowning in my soul, this silence rushes over me
I'm breath against this fire, and I will not turn away, oh no
I'm waiting for time to carry me, like a tempest to the sea
Standing strong, watching over

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: iStock

Video: Yanni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...