FINDING MY OWN MILKY-WAY...



The world doesn’t know I exist…

I have to raise my hand and shout:

“Hey, I am here; I am present.”


The world doesn’t’ know, what talents I possess…

I have to raise my work and show them:

“Hey, this is done by me; this is my work.”


The world doesn’t know I need help…

I have to seek it: “Hey, I need your help.”


The world needs me;

But, it doesn’t know my whereabouts;

The world needs fine work of fine people…

But, it doesn’t know where to find them.


There are a billion stars in the sky…

Still, the sky doesn’t look crowded;

Every star seems perfectly placed…

Making the sky look so glorious…

So stunningly beautiful!


There are a billion people like me in this world…

Still, there IS a place for me somewhere there.


I am the ‘Star’ of this land…


The Wise-men say that when God planted me here, He said:

“Glow on your own, son… Find your own Milky-way.”


The Wise-men also say that God has planted a special star -

There, up in the sky -

For every soul on this earth…

But, has never revealed to them which…


God is Benevolent, all merciful…

But, not when it comes to finding my star in the sky,

Or my place on this earth…


Yes, this also the Wise-men say!



GERALD D'CUNHA


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sir, I felt soooo good reading this superbly sensitive poem of urs. U made me feel, yes, I do have a place in this world... that I am special!

At the same time, u so lovingly reminded me: that finding my place on this land is not God's job... It is my my job.

Thank u so much, sir.

I am touched!!!
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank you friend,

You ARE special!... and, I am not just saying this.

There is your special star in the sky...and there is your special place in this world.

Our Success is the discovery of these two things in life.

Love,

GERRY
Renuka Mistry said…
Hi GERRY,

There is sure a place for me somewhere in this world. The question always is: What kind of place I desire?

Your Blog makes me think hard on this. The stars of the sky do not have to decide where they have to park themselves... But, the stars on this land, do need to decide on this!!

I get it it straight!

Thanx a ton, Gerry.

** Renuka Mistry
Gerald D'Cunha said…
You have rightly said, Renuka... "What kind of place we desire?" - God will not decide on this for us. We have to.

That's why, the old saying sounds so fresh even now: "God helps only those who help themselves."

Thanks,

Love, GERRY
Vikas Prajapati said…
Thank u sir....it's very inspiring poem.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Vikas, thanks.

U know we keep thinking as to why some get noticed and some don't. My experience has been: because they raise their hands and some don't!

Pl raise ur hand, Vikas.

Love, SIR
Girish Dhameja said…
Boy to God - Give me everthing so that i can enjoy life; God to boy - I have given you life so that you can enjoy everything.

Every here is for purpose and whatever we do, whatever we learn has some significance. We often fail to notice how special are we. Even Gandhiji was properly notice after he made his speech in Pretoria.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Girish, great examples as usual. Pl keeep pumping me!

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...