AM I FIT FOR THE KINGDOM?
























 “No one, who puts his hand to the plow and looks back,
Is fit for the Kingdom of God.”



What did Jesus Christ
Want to convey by these words?
Where is this ‘Kingdom of God’?
Here on earth… or, hereafter?

 

Every morning, when I rise,
And every night when I retire,
I, often, think on these words of Jesus.



A hundred regrets, a hundred complaints,
A hundred fears and a hundred denials…


Yes, every day,
I have this challenge from Jesus Christ:
“My son, you have a choice,”
I hear Him telling me:
“To look back with regret, blame and anger…
Or, to step out with your ‘plow’ into the new Sun
With trust, gratitude and hope.”
I hear Him saying:
“Yes my son, you can live in
Self-defeating denials
Or, soar in uplifting acceptance;
You can look back
And be consumed by the ‘Pillar of Fire’…
Or, you can look forward
To the glory of God’s Kingdom.”



I have picked the ‘Plow’
And left for the fields, this morning…
“My Master, am I fit for the Kingdom?”
I ask in all earnestness,
“Am I?”




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Vivek D’Cunha



Comments

Denzil Martis said…
Loved this Gospel according to Gerald D'Cunha!

Gerry, you are hundred percent fit for the Kingdom!

I say!

--- Denzil Martis
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Praise be to thee, my Master! For blessing me, that is!

Thanks Denzil.

Love,

GERRY
Anonymous said…
Excellent way of conveying 'We should look forward, we should be positive!"

Great. Keep it up, Gerry.

- Prema
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Prema.

Do read often.

Love,

GERRY
Anonymous said…
Thank you Gerry for this poem with promise!!!

.. Lata
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Lata. Glad u liked the post.

Do read often.

Love,

GERRY
Savita said…
yes true sir ,we should move forward and be positive but then the negative thoughts too pop up and one just cant immediately stop to look behind, any way will move forward and have positive thoughts.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hi Savita thanks for the comment.

U r right... the only sensible thing is: 'look forward'!

Love,

Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...