LIFE'S LITTLE SURPRISES



























You are mighty O lord…
And Your faithfulness surrounds You…
You rule over the surging sea…
When its waves mount up,
You still them…

Psalm 89:8-9



For, a day in your courts,
Is better than thousand elsewhere…
I would rather be a door-keeper
In the House of God
Rather than live
In the tents of wickedness.

Psalm 84:10






Today morning, at 7.45, I received the first Biblical passage from Pravin, my friend in Mumbai. He is a Hindu and sends me, now and then, a Holy passage… Sometimes , when I rise in the morning… and, sometimes, when I am about to retire. 


Cicie, lives hundreds of miles afar… and sends me a Biblical passage , every morning. Today, I received the second passage from her at sharp 7.47!


I was pleasantly surprised. What a divine co-incidence… That, two of my well-wishers have to send me two inspiring passages from the same section of the Bible… and at the same time. Well, almost!





I feel very moved

 by the surprises and co-incidences

the Life throws before us 

every now and then.

I like the mystery and magic 

surrounding them… 

I like the beauty and power 

they are clothed with. 




This morning, I was wondering: How come two of my friends consider me worthy of such a fine benevolence?


It did humble me, this morning.


And, last night, just before I was to retire, I received a short message from another dear one. I was not at all expecting it… And, when it popped on my cell-phone, I almost jumped!


The day was very bad yesterday… I was stressed out by the end of the day. One short message , just saying a “Hello’ from a person you value, was enough to send away the stress and gloom.


And, what a way to start my day, this morning… That too, two of my friends wish me well, wish me peace!


Yes, I feel like shouting from the mountain-top what the Psalmist says:


“I would rather be a door-keeper
 In the house of God
 Rather than live
 In the tents (Mansions) of wickedness.”


GERALD D'CUNHA

Image Courtesy: VIVEK D'CUNHA



Comments

Viren Jain said…
Very moving, very inspiring.

Thanks.

Viren
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Viren... Glad u loved this post.

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...