TO HAVE MY LAST WORD







At times,
The need in me to win an argument 
Is stronger than the need to win the person...
The charged emotions cloud this truth
And I I see myself  driven by
That lone obsession to make my point...
To have my last word...
To see the other person lose!


And, often, this happens with my nearest people...
Yes, surprisingly so...
Even though I know that they are my nearest people...
And, therefore, they should be my dearest!
Yes, even after knowing this basic truth,
I see myself involved in such silly mind-games!


Many a times,
With a slight awareness,
When I have chosen to be a little light-hearted,
Little patient,
I have beautifully smiled my way
Into the other person's heart...
Yes, I have lost an argument,
But, won a friend!


The best time to smile our way
Is before we walk into
The trap of arguments...
When we see the very first sign
Of the doom that is coming!


No one has ever 'won' an argument...
Without losing 'something'!




GERALD D'CUNHA

Pic.: Vivek D'Cunha

Comments

Anupam Acharya said…
How true! Having the last say becomes an obsession...even if it may cost a dear one. To 'Let go' is really tough but it might just win you a friend!
ranjini.b said…
very true.. words once said can never b taken aback.. so v must look b4 v leap..
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hey Anupam, thank u.

Yes, to let go is really tough!

Do read often and help me.

Love,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hi Ranjini, thanks a lot...

Words are arrows!

Do read and comment,

Love,

Sir
uhzaz said…
History is never known while in Making. Same way when people are discussing their opinions which further leads to a breach of a threshold of one on more persons involved in the discussion ends as an argument. So wise thing is to discuss with right set of audience. With fear of loosing an audience dont loose your opinion(yourself) but learn to gauge the threshold of your audience.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Oh Uhzaz! I like the way u convey the profound thoughts.

Yes, I got very well the crux.

Thank u,

Keep giving comments,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...