THERE IS A CLOSENESS...














Why is this desire in me
To possess things those are not mine?
Why can’t I look at a Rainbow,
Fully appreciate its glory…
And then, let it just pass?
Why is this desire in me
To make a Rainbow, my own?




When roses bloom in my garden,
When they grow from their infancy to ripe age,
And they pass when the time comes…
Yes, when all this happens in my garden,
There is a beauty of its own…
Joy of its own…
Freedom of its own!
The Heavens want me to just behold this spectacle…




All beautiful things
Are supposed to go…
Like a falling Star,
Like a hiding Moon,
Like a dipping Sun…
There is a beauty in everything that passes…
Everything that is destined to go…
Everything that is supposed To Be!






Why do I desire
To hear from someone:
“Dear, you are amazing”?
Or, “Dear, I love you”?
I am not an ‘amazing soul’
Because someone tells me so…
I am amazing,
Because, I value what
The other person says about me.
Yes, I need this validation…
And, I keep longing for it,
Over and over again!
And, without my knowledge,
I desire in my heart to ‘own’ that experience…
I want  my Star to eternally shine,
My Moon never, ever to hide,
My Sun to keep me forever in his warmth!




There is a strength
That comes only in freedom,
There is a closeness
That comes only in distance...
And, there is this mystery of Love
That my lone heart alone can solve!





Why do I need to posses
To experience Love?
Why do I desire the Star to be always home?
Why can’t the leaving Star be?
Why do I desire to unveil the Moon?
Why can’t be the shy Moon be?
Why do I desire the Sun to stay on?
Why can’t the night be?




Why can’t the LOVE... just be?




GERALD C’CUNHA

Pic.: Vivek D’Cunha



Comments

Sripad said…
Great imagery... very refreshing!

Keep it up, Gerry.

>> Sripad
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Sripad... Glad u liked the post.

Keep reading,

Love, GERRY
Sweety Chawla said…
Great lines sir. I Liked it very much . I guess we wont ever get the answer of this WHY.....
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Sweety...

Yes, even I don't think we have an answer for this 'Why?'

I always say, the answer is hiding in the Question itself!

Let's find!

Love,

Sir
Anonymous said…
Beutiful!

Kept looking out of my window!

Thanks,

- Shilpa
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Shilpa..

Window is the doorway to our hearts!

Keep looking out...

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...