THE UNLIKELY GURU



 




And yes, today is ‘Guru Poornima’.


Many of my students have already greeted me, today… and, I have done the same to some of my teachers, and to some, whom I hold as my teachers… Though they have not taught me, I, believe, that I have learnt from them. 


One of them was the autowala who, this morning, refused to take me to my work place. I was late and anxious. When he refused, I was annoyed, angry. But then, something stopped me from getting into a duel with him… Many a times, earlier, such a duel had ruined my day. So, this day, better sense prevailed upon me… “It is okay… Just have some more patience… and, you will find another auto,” a voice inside prompted me. Yes, I did get another auto in a few minutes… When I reached my work place, two minutes late, the heavens hadn’t fallen! Trust me, they were right there, up!


So, I sent my ‘Guru Poornima’ greetings to this autowala, too! He may not know this; but, he taught me the valuable lesson on ‘Patience’, this morning. 


Once again, I recall here, what in many of my old Posts, I have said:

“No body can teach you;
But, you can learn from any body.”



I had first come across this line in one of OSHO’s books.


This autowala, in the morning, couldn’t teach me a lesson on ‘Patience’; but, I could certainly learn it from him.


I did.


“A happy Guru Poornima’ to you, my teacher!




Poornima. A full-moon day. Rather, a full-moon night.



Why should this ‘teacher’s day’ come on a full-moon day?


Today, as the greetings started pouring in, I really wondered, why?


There is answer available at the click of a key on my PC. But, I thought I would hear my own heart.




On a full-moon night, 


I can see everything clearly. 


There is no fear, there is no confusion… 


there is clarity and there is hope. 


I am happy and upbeat 


on a full-moon night.


 




  

So, the full-moon is my guide to help me successfully sail through my night…


Moon, on no other night, is as promising as on the full-moon night…


No other night is as clear as this night…


There should be light…


The darkness has to go…


The moon has to be full, promising… and inspiring!


I had heard several times before: “A Guru is one who leads us from darkness to light.”


Today, it became clear to me…


It was a full-moon day…


There was enough light, this morning, to do away a potential darkness…


But, my teacher, my Guru – that blunt autowala - had helped me wade through this darkness… into the light.


And, in this full-moon light, another truth re surfaced in my soul:

"The darkness does not exist… It is only an absence of light!"



“A happy Guru Poornima” to all my teachers…!




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pics.: Ronald Fernandes







Comments

Kripa said…
The unlikely Guru! Wow, this is a brilliant idea! Thanks for such a 'unlikely' Post.

Kripa
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Kripa, Love. GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...