"TAKE YOUR PAIN... AND PLAY WITH IT"






Pic.: Jhuma Mukherjee

Any situation in life can be viewed differently. A grim situation will be grim only as long as we want it to be so... Stress can last only till we want it to last... So are our happy and fun-filled moments in life...

When it comes to our ability to laugh at our Life-situations, I believe, that each one of us, in this world, is ‘differently-abled’...

For example, two of my close friends, Joe and Bipin, can crack jokes even in a graveyard! It comes naturally to them; it is ingrained in their system...  I, always, tell them, “Good for you.”

Take my own case. Finding in, almost, every wayside situation something sublime, something of value and inspiration, comes naturally to me... It is ingrained in my system... And, I can hear Joe and Bipin telling me the same, “Good for you, buddy.”

No matter how great is my ability to weave these inspirational stories out of Life’s routine situations, I still consider, that the ability to laugh at Life’s grim situations and let go the tightness and the stress is more superior ability endowed to man...

After all, is not the purpose of seeking inspiration to be happy and light?

So, though not as giftedly as my friends, Joe and Bipin, do, I, too, need to learn - at lest to some measure - to let go and laugh Life’s  ICU’s, trial courts and, yes, even, graveyards... Basically, what I mean to say is what Robert Frost had said, long time ago:



If death is where this world is going to end, for all of us, then, why die crying and complaining? Why like a loser?

Charlie Chaplin had summed up this great lesson, this way:

“To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.”

Robert Frost was an amazing poet, and Charlie Chaplin was an amazing comedian... And, I love both of them...

Just as I love my two buddies, Joe and Bipin, who, God did not intend to be like me!



GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Uttam Nayak said…
Laughter will always remain the best medicine for all our ailments! Nice post...
- Uttam Nayak
Kiran Rane said…
Power to make music from our sorrows is very much endowed to man.
Kiran Rane

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...