THE MUD-WRESTLING












Pic.: Sherry Haridas


“Arguing with the boss is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.
After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty...
But, the pig is actually enjoying.”


My friend, Paul, is known for relentlessly sharing these kinds of messages. This one was sent by him, two days ago.

Most of the Posts, which Paul shares, make you really laugh and loosen up. Well, Paul, being Paul, chooses to find something to laugh at in everything the day brings for us... including the so-called tragedies of life.

Life is not only short, not only beautiful, it is laughable, too... So, laugh... and, laugh now!

That’s the message in the letter of this St. Paul to all of us - the ‘Worryntians’!

The ‘Boss’ in the above message is just a metaphor. You argue with anyone, anywhere, and you come out with the same mud-wrestling experience... I have been through this experience whoever I have tried to argue with bitterly and badly. Like most of us think, I, too, have got into the wrestling ring assuming that I was rougher, tougher and smarter than my opponent... only to be ended up with mud and dirt all over my body, and my crest... fallen!

But, there are two kinds of wresting, here... The one, which I initiate. The other, I am dragged into.

What my friend, Paul, reminds us of is the second kind... The one, which my ‘Boss’ starts, where, I have the option to get into the ring to wrestle with him or leave the ‘pig’ alone... If I get in, then, yes, no matter how high I think of my wresting prowess, let me humbly take it from St. Paul, that I ‘will’ end up realizing what a fool I am - what a ‘pig’ - in the end...

The real pig starts it, because he wants someone like me to ‘play’ with... It gives him great pleasure... He enjoys it thoroughly!

And, what about the other wrestling – the one, which I start? Who is the ‘Boss’ here? Who is the real pig? Who is doing it for his great pleasure and who is enjoying it thoroughly?

And, who feels inside him: “Leave the pig alone... I don’t want to be dirty”?

There are two kinds of wrestling in this world...
There are two kinds of arguments...

And, yes, yes... there are two kinds of ‘pigs’ as well...


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Bipin Patel said…
Enjoyed reading.. Bipin Patel

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...