CAN YOU GOOGLE AND FIND HOW TO GET GOOSE-BUMPS?

















Pic.: Sherry Haridas






By some strange choice, I have never owned a car in my life... Owning great cars doesn't fascinate me, doesn't give me any kick. But, when I read about Henry Ford -1 or Lee Iaccoca... or the legend of Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz, Bentley, Ferrari and Lombardini... yes, I get goose-bumps all over my body!

Likewise, for last thirty-five years or so, I have never worn a wrist-watch, yes, for some strange reasons. But, talk to me about the legend of Rolex or Rado, I will listen to you forgetting my hunger!

i-Phones have come and gone never touching my imagination. But, why does Steve Jobs, who is long gone, still doesn't cease to touch me, move me?

“You must buy a smart phone,” some of my friends keep reminding me. The old Nokia, which I have been using, obviously, is not an Android phone... They want me to be on WhatsApp groups and make the most of it...

Most of what?

My phone does help me be on WhatsApp. But, I cannot view the images and other things as others do. Whenever I tried to be on some groups, within a day or two, I have felt disgusted with the relentless beeps and senseless chats and purposeless shares... I have felt it as an encroachment into my privacy and a sheer waste of time...

But, I have stopped arguing about it.  If I don’t want it, I, always, have the choice not to allow myself to join any groups. Period.

My privacy,is for me to guard... My peace is my business.

So, for all its fabulous and miraculous advantages, I have not been a die-hard fan of WhatsApp...

But, again, when someone tells me about how Jan Koum and Brian Acton, some young kids, created this ‘Epidemic’ called – ‘WhatsApp’, all out of nowhere... after they lost their jobs at Yahoo and got rejected everywhere else – at Twitter and Facebook... Yes, how they ran this enterprise in some obscure place with just 55 employees... and, then, one fine day – in just four years -  how they sat across the Facebook owner and inked a sale-deal, which history had never heard of before: 19-billion dollars!... Yes, tell me this story, this legend, I bet, I won’t sleep!

“Have you heard of two guys by the name Larry Page and Sergey Brin,” this morning, I had asked a young-man.

“No sir,” the young-man coolly confessed, “But, I can Google and find out!”

But find out what, dear?

You, certainly, can’t find, in life, out how to get goose-bumps!


Can you?


GERALD D’CUNHA



Comments

Jeena D'Souza said…
Absolutely gripping!!!! - Jeena D'Souza

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...