WHEN YOU DREAM, LEAVE NO OPTION, SEEK NO OPINION






















Pic.: Candice Correa




“Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world.”  

I was a struggling twenty-something-young-man in Mumbai, when I first read it in Napoleon Hill’s ‘Think and Grow Rich’. All that I wanted to do, then, was to teach like my idol, Prof. Raman.


Did I get this dream, this desire, from someone around me – my parents, my friends, my relatives, my neighbors, my teachers or any www.coms?


Did I go around seeking their opinions: “How is the teaching field? Is there scope? Will I make enough money, name, fame? Is there security, Job satisfaction? Will students respect me, colleagues accept me? Will my skills be good enough – my English, my public-speaking, my subject knowledge? What about the social status… Will I find a bride? so on and so forth.”


By the way, did I have options – if not teaching, it is selling, accounting, managing or baby-sitting?


All that, as a young-stranger in this big city, I dreamt of was to become a fine teacher like my role-model. I needed nothing more, nothing less… I needed no one’s opinion, no one’s permission… What didn't work for others was not important… It would work for me, if I pursued it with all my heart, focus and determination… ‘Think and Grow Rich’ had made it clear to me. It was drilled into my heart, that whatever my mind conceived and my heart believed, I could achieve!


Life never came with guarantees and warranties to anyone, anytime in the past. And, it will never come so, to anyone, anytime in the future, too. If we approach Life with trust and self-belief, if we believe in the Law of Abundance, then, it is easy for us to approach Life with least anxiety.


“Don’t ask if there will be a place for you in this world,” I remind the young-ones, “when you are ‘clear’ about where you want to be, the Universe carves a place for you!” I add, “When you dream, leave no option, seek no opinion… For, opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world!”


Arrogance?


Not if I say it with enough self-care…


GERALD D’CUNHA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...