JUST TEN LINES A DAY







Pic.: Ashok Ahuja

Many of my friends are excellent communicators… They speak well, they write well. Whenever they are around me, they leave me a lot richer by their power of expression. “You must write,” I urge them, “at least, ten lines a day.”


Now, imagine this. All of us have some ideas or ideals which are extremely close to our hearts. I have many things in my life – most of them are wayside things – which fascinate me as I go about my daily life… Similarly, each one of us is fascinated by something or the other. Imagine, if we could pause for a while to pen down those things!


For last ten days, I have urged some half-a-dozen friends of mine to write, at least, ten lines a day. “Write with passion; write on anything close to your heart,” I remind them, “Write to inspire yourself; write to inspire others around you.”


“‘No time - is just an excuse,” I tell them, “I am not inspired enough to write - is just a myth!"


The truth is: we, always, find enough time to do what is close to our hearts… We just need to commit ourselves to do those things… Inspiration would simply come along.


On the other hand, if we wait for enough time to come at our disposal, or enough inspiration to come from somewhere to move us – well, we will only ‘wait’;  nothing beyond!


Just ten lines a day… Yes, just ten lines…


Imagine the cumulative power concealed in this habit…


Imagine the ten lines coming from a heart full of passion!


“Don’t go to sleep without penning your ten lines,” I had told this to a friend, today…


Thought, I would tell it myself before I went to sleep…


It is past 12, already…


Good night!



GERALD D’CUNHA




Comments

Kishan said…
Keep writing sir - Kishan

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...