AT 72, HE STILL FINDS IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET UP EARLY AND GO TO WORK...






Pic.: Elaine Pereira

When I posted my last write-up, late last night, I didn't realize that I was minutes away from Amithabh Bachchan’s 72nd birthday!

It is, therefore, purely a co-incidence, that I am writing something on or relating to him, now...

By now, I do not have to repeat, I suppose, how much I have been admiring Amitabh Bachchan in my life. I have written this before, and I wouldn't mind doing it again: It was one afternoon, when I was a ninth-standard student in my school in Mangalore. During the lunch break, while flipping through the pages of one of the local magazines, I read about this tall, new film-star by the name - Amitabh Bachchan. I must have been 15, then. Now, after 41 years or so, when I look back, I have only one thing constant in my mind: My admiration for Amitabh Bachchan has only increased as each year rolled by!

If you ask me what makes me admire Amitabh Bachchan so much and for so long, I might fail miserably to answer you...


For his stupendous acting skill and talent?


Yes.


For his legendary work-ethics – respect for word, time, commitment and dedication, practice, practice and practice?

Yes.

For his extra-ordinary humility, honesty, grace and dignity?

Yes.

For his cut-above-all charm, elegance and adaptability?

Yes.

For, the exceptional family-values that he has been imparting to us, and for his ability to take his each role with equal ease – be it a son or father, be it a husband or father-in-law or be it a grandfather?

Yes.

For showing us his vulnerability when failed badly in business, suffered in health and unfair criticism... when isolated and written-off when chips were totally down... yes for showing us his fallible side?

Yes.

For showing us how and why not to get bitter in life... why it is important to make a very, very honest effort to bounce back, pay off every rupee you owed to your creditors... win back the trust, win back the name, your place under the Sun?

Yes.

For his unparalleled connections or respect he commands – and commands from all... from a paanwala to Prime Minister from a school-boy to a NRI, from the man in slums to man in mansions?

Yes.


I can, go on and on and on... But, if you ask me the one reason for which I, today, admire Amitabh Bachchan the most, it is this:

At 72, he still finds it is important to get up early and go to work... come back late as you and I have to do. And, above all, he does confess from his soul, that he feels privileged and grateful that he is, still, able to do it!

It is not the ‘Super Star’ that I am in awe, today... It is the ‘Super Human’, who, at 72, thinks, that he still has lot to work for in life...

Happy birthday, sir... May God grant you a long, healthy and happy life. May the ‘star’ guide, inspire and give hope,  more and more...
 

GERALD D’CUNHA




Comments

Nayak said…
My salute too to the legend and fine human.. Nayak
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks dear Nayak. love.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful tribute to a wonderful person... Vibha

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...