THE CUSTOMER CARE
















“If we don't take care of our customers,

someone else will."

-          Unknown

I have come to Ahmadabad to conduct a two-day training-programme for the fresh employees of a leading bank. The gentleman in-charge of this programme, here, is Mr. Joshi. I hadn't met or talked to him before… We were total strangers. But, right since last afternoon, he had been constantly in touch with me… enquiring about my flight, transportation to my accommodation and the training facility etc. In the process, he freed me of the stress and made me feel at home.

I was up at 5 this morning. At 5.30, I received a warm good-morning message from Mr. Joshi. My flight was at 2.25 in the afternoon. But, he made me feel that I was not just ‘one- more-trainer’ in his long list of trainers… He made me feel -  that, I was special, I was important… that, he and the bank he represented really cared for me… Yes, my day started off on this inspiring note, today…

Just before the flight was to take off, Mr. Joshi sent me a message, saying, that, as he would be busy training, his colleague Mr. Thakkar , would be taking care of me. The moment my flight landed, I received a call from Mr. Thakkar enquiring about me and offering me assistance. Once here, I was, indeed, made to feel special!

Around 5.50 in the evening, after his training session was over, Mr. Joshi came to my room to meet me.  Trust me, he was with me, almost, till 8!

When Mr. Joshi left, he had made sure that his assistants, Himmat, would take good care of me… Himmat did an excellent job in that!


Now, you might ask me, “What big deal?”

One of the things I am expected to discuss with the participants for the next two days is: ‘Customer Care’…

I have already decided to talk to the new recruits of this bank how Mr. Joshi and his team took care of me… how they made me feel important, special...

And, yes, I am going to tell the young men and women, who are about to start their professional career, that, if a commitment is not ‘full commitment’, it is not a commitment at all!

Thank-you Joshi sir. You will be my ‘power-point presentation,’ tomorrow!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...