THE FRUITS OF THE SEEDS WE SOW TODAY






Many of us have heard this story… An elderly man is sowing seeds of a fruit tree… His little grandchild asks him, “Grandpa, how many years will it take for these seeds to become trees and give us fruits?”

“At least ten,” the grandfather tells.

“But, grandpa, you are too old, already… You will not be there when the fruits come,” says the innocent child.

“Yes my sweetheart, I won’t be there when the fruits come,” says the grandfather pulling his little grandchild close to him, “I am sowing these seeds for you!”

Many a time, this image of the man and his little grandchild does appear before me… Every time when I think of my elderly mom or in-laws, the same image does appear… Every time I watch grandparents and parents doing so much for their little ones, the same image does appear before me…

We are humans, and we I are ‘selfish’ by our very nature… We earn and we shine essentially for ourselves. But, then, somewhere along our pursuit, we all realize, that there is this extension to all of us – someone or something beyond our own existence - our spouses, children, grandchildren, or causes dear to our hearts. Invariably, this realization comes when we grow older and the meaning of our pursuit begins to settle in our hearts…

Care, trust, hope, purpose, and, above all, love… Every time, I ‘sow my seeds’, the image of the man and his grandchild does appear before me…

The ‘fruits’ of the seeds we sow today, shall, always, belong to the ‘morrow… to our loved ones, you see!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Kenrick D'Cunha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...