I CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU













Some things are meant to be!


It’s never advisable to stop a river from flowing the way it’s supposed to. And, whenever we do, it finds its own way to the sea, somehow. We all have seen it…


There is this river in all of us, called our ‘talent’. What about that? I think, our talents, too, flow the way they are supposed to.


Elvis Presley was a gifted singer and performer. It was he who sang the famous song, “I can’t help falling in love with you.”


To me, that song is as much a metaphor about life as it seems to be on its face - romantic. Yes, it’s a romantic song… But, look at its lyrics:

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you





Who is this ‘Darling’ that we confess to - ‘Take my hand, take my whole life too… For, I can’t help falling in love with you’?

Yes, to me, it’s a metaphor. Our gifts and talents are meant to be like that… flow like a river and join the sea. As Jesus Christ said:

“No one lights a lamp and then hides it under a basket.
Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand,
where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.


Andre Rieu doesn’t sing. He plays violin… such a small instrument! But, he is a showman - a mighty composer, conductor… and, his talent and showmanship make a stupendous combination!





\

Andrea Bocelli is a singer. But, he is a special singer because he is blind… Yet, he can sing songs till your heart bleeds!







And, this little girl Karolina Protsenko, who stole our hearts singing on the streets of America… Look at her talent!








They all have sung or played through their instruments hundreds of songs. But, to me, the take away is this: God wants us to shine through our talents. That’s why He has lighted our hearts!


Therefore, let’s go and sing our hearts out… Play it the way it’s meant to be. And yes, let’s do it whether we are on a mammoth stage or local streets… whether our eyes can see or can’t see. But, let’s do say this:

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

GERALD D’CUNHA
Pic.: www.publicdomainpictures.net
Videos: 1. NoMadU55555 2. Andre Rieu 2. Andrea Bocelli 3. Karolina Protsenko Violin





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...