YOUR STAR IS FIXED IN THE SKY









You do not have to be loud!

In our drawing room, my wife was watching, on her tab, the landing of Chandrayana-2, while I was fast asleep in our bedroom. But, as a strange coincidence, I woke up and realized, that it was around 2.30 of the morning!

My sleep was over… My wife went to have some more!

I did not watch the historic moon-landing… I will watch it on YouTube…

But, then, I was watching a very beautiful video of Mark Knopfler’s song – ‘Wherever I go’…

This guitar legend never ceases to fascinate me. In my 61 years, I haven’t held a guitar in my hand, and I don’t think, I will, in rest of my years. I haven’t been for any rock or mega musical concert… But, I am very fond of good music. I admire, and simply get inspired by, all musicians who have given their all for their craft…

Mark Knopfler’s music is very subtle, least flashy… like the man himself. And, I love that!

We all have our respective talents. But, Sir, let’s not try to be flashy… Great songs are very subtle, you know… Therefore, every great talent should be so.

Here is the video which I watched as our machine was landing on the Moon…




I haven’t been to the Moon, either… and, I don’t think, I will, ever. But, then, the Moon never ceases to fascinate me… It’s too gentle, too soft… And tells us, that we all should be so!


WHEREVER I GO

Maybe I'm bound to wander
From one place to the next
Heaven knows why
But in the wild blue yonder
Your star is fixed
In my sky
Just another bar, at a cross roads
So far from home
But that's alright
Whenever I'm going down the dark road
I don't feel alone in the night
There's a place in my heart
Though we're far apart
May you always know?
No matter how long since I saw you
I keep the flame there for you
Wherever I go
They're looking too close up in here
Pulling down the blinds
But they'll let you stay a while
And I'm going, in a while
Now I've got leave you, brother
So this round's mine
Just…

Source: LyricFind

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Pinterest
Video: Mark Knopfler


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...