HOW DO WE START OUR DAY?









“How can people trust the harvest
unless they see it sown?”
-     Anonymous

Today is Class 12 (CBSE) Accountancy Board exam. A while ago, I received a phone call from my student, Utsav… “Sir, I am going for my exam!”

That’s all… The rest was implied!

I had taught Utsav, both, in his Class 11 and 12. He is a very intelligent and well-informed kid, very articulate and strong-headed. He had a good hold on the Accountancy concepts and I had no complaints about him at all. So, every time, his school teachers would nag him or his parents about his inefficiencies, I would try to keep up his morale… His mother, particularly, was very stressed about his exams. I had tried my best to keep up her morale, too…

So, today, when Utsav called me up and said, “Sir, I am going for my exam,” I knew what more he wanted to say…

“Sir, I have done my best… I am leaving to God the rest… Pray for me, wish me well…”

Which, obviously, I did…

How do we all start our day?

A thousand ‘Good Morning’ messages, and, still, most of us do not feel that the morning is really, really good – despite the toxicity we are, often, surrounded with… A few of us do feel, that the mornings are really good… and, even if our lives are surrounded by toxicity, we want all around us – I said ‘all’ – to have a wonderful day, by starting off with a ‘good morning’…

How thoughtful!

We have this choice to begin our day - and wish all around us – with a very happy, vibrant and healing heart. We also have a choice to start with poison. Just look at this early-morning message from one of my friends…

“Dr. Mehmoud Shafi, a Sri Lankan doctor, who slashed the uterus of nearly 4,000 Hindu and Buddhist women during a caesarean operation to prevemt them from having children. This is a new type of jihad… Medical Jihad???”

The message was accompanied by a picture showing a young gentleman (allegedly the doctor) being whisked away by police men…

Now, I had read about this story when it first broke out in May 2019… It was immediately after the horrific bombing of a Sri Lankan church during the Easter service.

The friend of mine, who had forwarded this message, today, early in the morning, perhaps, hadn’t even bothered to check if it was true or fake, old or new… He was only wanting to tell me: “Look how dangerous ‘these people’ are!”

That’s how some of us choose to start our day… That’s how we choose to  leave home… suspecting ‘them’!

“Sir, I am leaving for my exam,” my student, Utsav, had messaged me… And, I had wished him well… I had prayed for his success…

And, to the friend, who had sent to me that ‘gory’ message – Yes, what did I do?

I wrote this Post!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...