YOU ARE THE POTTER, I AM THE CLAY























“Angels are all around us, all the time,
in the very air we breathe.”

~Eileen Elias Freeman

I have just returned after attending the funeral of my friend Gurpreet’s dad. The first thought that came to my mind, when I heard about the death, early in the morning, today, was: “Thank you Lord, for remembering him.”

Now, it may not sound good to thank Lord for the death of our near and dear ones in our families. But, death is a long sleep we all are going to enter, sooner or later…

May his soul rest in eternal peace!

Gurpreet’s dad had to endure a lot of suffering due to his failed kidneys. He was a strong man, very hard-working and responsible. He has left leaving the family in good place. But, in his pain and suffering, despite the family’s unflagging support and care, he had to endure it all by himself…

When I stood there, a while ago, drenched in the sobs of family members on the one side, and the calming chants – ‘Satnaam Waheguru’ – on the other side, my heart had come to a standstill!

That’s how it is for all of us… The journey here is too short… and, we have to walk it alone!

To me, this overpowering awareness of our mortality is the most cleansing moment in our lives… The moment wells up in our bosoms just to remind us, why we need to believe in the prayer, “Thy will be done”… why we need to chant, “Satnaam Waheguru”!

Early this morning, there was, also, another intense message posted on FB by my dear friend, Austin Coutinho. I wish to share it here in my blog, as it seems, to me, perfectly connected…


THERE IS SOMEBODY UP THERE, FOR ME


Do you believe in ESP, intuition, messages from the blue?

Honestly, I have experienced it all and I am no mystic. Probably, my grandfather - our family's patriarch - and my dear mother help me out in good times and bad from up there.

Over the past years, there have been several occasions on which they have bailed me out of difficult situations. When I am stuck for an idea, I do research, think hard and leave it to them to come up with something - in my writing, caricatures or even day-to-day issues.

Last week, after spending nearly fifty sleepless hours, sitting outside the ICU at Shushrut Hospital, I arranged for an ayah to look after my wife at the RCF Hospital and came home to grab some sleep. At around 10 p.m., I was feeling low, depressed. I remember posting something on Facebook - perhaps, out of desperation - and trying hard to get some sleep... Just before midnight, I probably went into deep slumber, the tiredness taking its toll.

At 12.10, I got up with a jolt! Someone had patted me on my shoulder and called out my name... There was nobody around... I went to the living room, my daughter's room and the kitchen... but, there was no one there. When I returned, my cellphone was ringing... My brother from Abu Dhabi was calling. I spoke to him for a couple of minutes and then spoke to his wife - a doctor - about my wife's condition and felt better, instantly.

The next thing I remember is getting up at 5 a.m. to make some coffee, and then driving down to the RCF Hospital, as fresh as ever.

Who prompted my brother to call me up at that hour?

I guess I know!


I replied:

Very profound piece, straight from that sacred space! It's Lent, dear Austin... It's a constant reminder, for all of us, that even the Christ had to walk His journey, all by Himself... That's how it was, is and will be... "Do away this cup from me, O Father... but, not mine, thy will be done."

Austin, we all are there by your side in our prayers and thoughts, though... Just flow with it all... Angels do come, trust.

Love and prayers.






Mary Baker Eddy says: “When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but, we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.”

To accept the will of God, we need the touch of grace. The moments of grace, in my view, are the moments when the angels appear for us. Those are the moments of surrender… those are the moments of trust… those are the moments of peace! Perhaps, that’s the reason why Melanie Beckler says:To find your angels, start trusting your inner voice and intuition.”

Thy will be done…

Satnaam Waheguru!


 



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: www.dreamstime.com

Videos: 1. Jim Reeves/churchcowboy 2. Siddharth Mohan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...