WHEN HEART LOSES ITS INNOCENCE





“There’s a lot of ugly things in this world, son;
I wish I could keep ’em all away from you. 
That’s never possible.”

Harper Lee

When our innocence is lost, our ability to live – enjoy life – is lost.

And, I think, to lose or not to lose our innocence is the choice each one of us make, each morning. Let me take this morning as an example to check if we all have a choice in this regard …

‘Vikas Dubey is killed’! That’s a ‘big-breaking news’ right when the Sun was coming out in the East, today. For last one week or so, there was too much news about this man from Kanpur – call him a criminal, a gangster, a terrorist or a friend-of-the-powerful – whatever… yes, that’s irrelevant. What was expected had just happened. I, for one, was not at all affected by the cat-and-mouse or hide-and-seek or chor-police drama… Not a bit when he gunned down the cops, not a bit when the cops gunned him and his men down. I could sense, quite clearly, that the moment I allowed myself to focus on this man’s news, my mind would get into the toxic trap and my heart would lose its innocence. So, to allow that to happen was my choice. I chose not to focus on this man… My peace of mind and my ability to smile at life were very, very important to me…

There was another option before me: to focus on innocence – LOVE! Here is what I just watched and let myself come out refreshed…












Meanwhile, my cousin sister, Jennifer, had sent this Good-morning message to me, today:

“Your mind will always believe everything you tell it.
Feed it faith. Feed it truth. Feed it with love.
Have a great day.”

How timely!

As I said, each one of us has a choice to make each morning: to lose or not to our innocence. Feeding the mind with faith, truth, and, above all, love is the surest way of not losing our innocence…

Vikas Dubey is irrelevant!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.:pixabay.com

Videos: 1. & 2.  Jimmy Kimmel Live 3. BGT/Anthony Ying


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...