TO BE IN THE MERIT LIST OF LIFE



“Success or failure in an examination 
is a reflection only on one of life-performances, 
and not on Life itself.”

LIFE, The Teacher

“Good Morning my dear students. I Just wanted to help you see the results in right perspective.

As is always the case, some of you may have got excellent results, and some of you may be disappointed. This was how it was at my time, and this is how it is at your time. Those who have scored more, yes, feel happy and grateful... Life lies ahead. Those who have scored less, don't lose heart… For, Life still lies ahead! It's about a performance in exam, it's not about you, the person. You, as a person, are a treasure waiting to be explored. Trust me you are. Remember, some of us always bloom late...  I was one of them. We bloom in our own gardens, at our own time... But, when we do, we give the finest fragrance!

So, my dear students, I just wanted to tell you, that in jubilations and disappointments, you all should remain humble, teachable and earnest. As your teacher, you have my best wishes, help and love, always.

Love you and may God bless you. 🙂

Early this morning, I sent the above message to my twelfth-standard (HSC Board) students. Yesterday, their results were out. And, as we know, it’s a time of mixed feelings for teachers like me. We teach all our students with the same heart… Love, concern, passion, dedication that we put in are the same for each of our students. It’s a sin to discriminate… So, we don’t. We want to see smiles on every student’s face, when the results are out. But, then, Life doesn’t work that way… While some of our students jump with joy, some sulk with disappointments. And, with them, their loved ones at home, too… We teachers, too!

Meanwhile, no matter how much a teacher like me tries to convince the parents and students not to get too carried away by brilliant results or not to lose heart by poor results… as human beings, they do. When I give my own example, it doesn’t help them immediately. At this point, they have to go through their highs and lows… It’s only when the skies become clear, that they are, perhaps, able to ‘see’ things in perspective…

That, Life is not over, yet… It lies ahead and beckons!

That, the success or failure in an examination is a reflection only on one of their life-performances, and not on Life itself!

That, as a person, each one of them is a ‘Treasure’ waiting to be explored…and, that’s a precious truth they need to trust in!

That, everyone who comes out in the merit list of an exam today, need not – and, often, does not – come out in Life’s merit list!

That, some of us – and, I am one of them – are born to be ‘Late Bloomers’… We bloom in our own gardens, at our own time. But, bloom we will… and, when we do, we give out the finest fragrance!

Therefore, it’s important for students, parents and teachers, that, in jubilations and disappointments, we all need to remain grateful, teachable and earnest!



That’s the message I wanted to send out to my young students, this morning. I hope, they are able to get it and see their exam results in right perspective. My own experience has taught me well, that our true success and happiness is a life-long process. It’s a process of finding the hidden treasure in us: our Passions! The early we trust in this truth, the better for us and the longer we feel successful and happy in life…

So, let’s say it together – ‘It’s okay’… ‘It’s okay’!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: pixabay

Video: Hooked


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...