CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT


“Your life does not get better by chance;

it gets better by change.”

Jim Rohn 

No matter how many times I have heard someone saying, or I have said to someone this – “Change is the only constant” – it still seems either I haven’t heard it at all, or I haven’t said it at all. This makes one thing clear: I tend to take this ‘reality of change’ for granted… Like everyone else, I, too, tend to assume, that ‘Now on, things will not change… The Sun will not set on my empire… I have had Amrut, so, I won’t grey’!

This is not only my story, I believe, this is the story each individual and each organization tends to weave, just to lull himself or itself to sleep…

But, then, when something like this Pandemic of virus, or tsunami, hurricane, earthquake, deluge, or a war, riot, coup, invasion – and, yes, yes, an invention – comes hitting hard and sweeping us all off our feet… That’s the time, we once again, jump out of our beds and feel, once again, that, change has come about… that, it is the only constant.

Pretending to have possessed with us all the mantras of ‘lasting success’ or ‘lasting happiness’ is one of the biggest lies of life. If any one comes to me with this mantra – this jadubuti – I say, ‘Stay off’!


Look at the way we all – the mightiest Governments, the richest people and the poorest of the poor, all – have been caught napping! In our country, I remember, the last toughest tug-of-war was between our own Government and the protesters against CAA… “We won’t move an inch” said the all-powerful Government… “We won’t move even half-an-inch” said the protesters. And, right when it all looked like a dangerous deadlock, came something you, me and none of us imagined ever could happen: an invisible deadly virus brought the whole world to a standstill… No, it brought the whole world to its knees!

Still think, you won’t move an inch… half-an-inch?

Still think, the Sun will not set on your empire?

Still think, you have had Amrut… you won’t grey?



All animals do sense the impending danger… Only man – the most evolved of all – doesn’t. He thinks, his empire will last forever… The Amrut is going to save him from ‘going’…

The only thing I wish we humans knew - is the true meaning of that old reminder: ‘Change is the only constant’…

If ‘Coming’ is a part of this ‘Change’, so is ‘Going’!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic's.: pixabay

Video: Haevn Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...