THE QUIETER YOU BECOME

 


“The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”

Unknown

I find heated arguments and battle of egos a complete waste of time. If I have to paraphrase what I just said, in the words of a wise soul, “We don’t waste time; we waste ourselves.”

As years roll by, my desire to get into heated arguments - with anyone, anywhere and on anything - seems diminishing. I avoid them like plague. But, occasionally, when I walk into this trap, the experience leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, and a heavy feeling in my heart!

I seriously think, that discussions should be guided by our hearts and heads, both. Life becomes better because of such exchange of views. The moment the head tries to dominate, the discussions become intense arguments – the battle of egos…

Those are the traps, which I try to avoid, as far as possible… I tell myself, “Let the other guy keep his view; let me keep mine.” Once the discussions turn into blind arguments, they also turn us deaf and brain-dead. We should be ready for the shouting match… I am not, and, I will never be… I know my strengths, and I know my weaknesses. Above all, from experience, I know what is ‘important’ to me: to win an argument, or to gain peace in my heart!

 “We often say, that Life is short,” said Mehmet Murat Ildan, “No! Life is long; we are short."

Yes, our lives are short!”

So much for our the so-called ‘intense arguments’… They cut our lives even shorter!

We live in a ‘twitter culture’, where everyone airs his or her opinion with the speed of acid. So, in such a culture, to say, that it’s okay to keep silent may seem akin to being weak…

Sorry Sir… It’s not. It’s being very, very strong…

The weak have a need to be loud and desperate… They try to shout you and me down to prove them right. So, if we are feeble and fall into their trap, and, invariably, come out with a bad taste in our mouths and a feeling of heaviness in our hearts…

That’s not what is ‘important’ to us, right?

Peace is, right?




“The less you respond to rude, critical and argumentative people,” another wise soul counsels, “the more peaceful your life will become.”

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixabay

 

Video: Enter the Dragon/Cemil Uylukcu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...