TEACHING IS TWICE LEARNING










What you like to teach others is what you like to learn the most.


If that is true, then, all along these years – over three decades that is – the reason why I loved teaching was that I loved to learn what I taught… and, yes, I loved to learn it the most!


“Teaching is twice learning.” When I had first heard this, I knew how much effect teaching had on my own learning… 


Teaching, in deed, ten-times learning… Maybe, hundred times…


No exaggeration, believe me!


There is something amazing about teaching. If I am teaching through a story, that story first comes alive in my mind… I feel it in my heart… My heart now wants to share it with others, touch others… inspire them…


And, when this happens, it leaves me empowered, incredibly stronger!


Everything I know in my life is learnt by me from someone, something or from somewhere… Nothing has come into me from nowhere. No, it hasn’t.





And, everything I teach someone 

is what I have learnt from someone else… 




Now, look at the amazing beauty of the process of teaching: Someone taught me because he wanted to learn it the most… and, I impart it to someone else because I want to learn it the most, once again!


Therefore, am I a student for lifetime? 


Yes, I am.




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Gloria Pinto










Comments

Leena D'Mello said…
Yes we all are students for lifetime!!! Wonderful!... Leena
Anonymous said…
Thanks for this beautiful article.
--- Kamal

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...